Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

From Zero to Model 3 AWD in 20 hours

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Getting a little concerned about 4Q sales if there are so many unsold units available now. Sure there will be a big surge in December before the federal rebates are cut in half but that will just be moving sales from Q1 2019. I really think the SR model has to come out very soon to keep the 5000/week cars from filling more lots with unsold inventory.
Maybe you should just stay on Seeking Alpha...

I'm going to guess that most reservation holders now are people that want a base model.
Some may be waiting for other things like building their down payment, or improving their credit, etc. but you're right most are probably waiting for standard range. It's a good thing their appear to be thousands of others that didn't have reservations that are more than willing to get the larger battery.

Have you called the delivery scheduling phone number yet? It's obvious Tesla's logistics are a mess and some people's orders seem to be "lost" or in a bad state in the computer system, preventing them from being processed until you nag them.

I did call the delivery number, the person I spoke with was very nice, but could only tell me that I don't have a car in production yet. I understand that my order is still in the Sep-Nov window, but, it's a bit frustrating to see orders with no reservation get filled so quickly, especially when the config is the same.