Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front cameras

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ckwong

Mar 15, 2017
NJ
I did not know this but the front cameras can't read speed limit signs when it's above the highway next to exit signs. I was on the turnpike (55 MPH) exiting to I-78 (65 MPH) then passed 2 speed limit signs that are above and the speed limit never changed in the MX. Is this normal? Thanks

I did not know this but the front cameras can't read speed limit signs when it's above the highway next to exit signs. I was on the turnpike (55 MPH) exiting to I-78 (65 MPH) then passed 2 speed limit signs that are above and the speed limit never changed in the MX. Is this normal? Thanks
AP2/2.5 cars like yours (and my X now) use your geolocation as JohneSnowNW said. AP1 cars (like my previous X) using Mobileye did read speedlimit signs.

Oh okay, I always thought it was the camera because in the past whenever I'm about to pass a new speed limit sign I look at the screen and it changes right as I pass it. But this time it didn't since the signs was above. Now I know, thanks guys!