Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front End... Hmmmmmm

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Honestly you won't look at the car at that angle in real life. I think it looks better from a height most people stand at. I am not fond of the front either but I don't think that photo is a good shot of it. It looked better in the test ride videos where everyone was standing so that made me feel better.

Reactions: Red Sage
Humans have evolved to recognize faces ... not this

upload_2016-4-8_17-18-39.png

Honestly you won't look at the car at that angle in real life. I think it looks better from a height most people stand at. I am not fond of the front either but I don't think that photo is a good shot of it. It looked better in the test ride videos where everyone was standing so that made me feel better.
You really think so? This is probably one of the most common angles people will be seeing your car... in their rearview mirror.

I'm honored. Lines and curves flow. Visually, the Model 3 is an impressive design. Nearly every angle is spot on. It is because of this that the blunt nose seemed so out of place to my design sensibilities. I understand design is a subjective thing but typically it's rare to see just one design line or feature to be discordant with the whole.

Mihai did a great job conveying my idea.

View attachment 170589

I think so too. Mihai' version looks like it was meant that way from the onset. No non-functional ornament that ought to remind us of the heyday of the ICE, or so. Perhaps we should hold a poll. Present three choices. The original flat nose, Mihai's rounded nose and another one (MX-like or so)...

Last edited:
Perhaps we should hold a poll. Present three choices. The original flat nose, Mihai's rounded nose and another one (MX-like or so)...

Agree!
1) original duck bill
2) X rendition
3) James Anders/Mihai's beautiful/contoured/flowing/seamless tweak that perfectly blends/continues Franz's spectacular overall design

(I am not sure which one I would vote for :):))

I'm wondering, if the car looked like this at the unveil, would we still be talking about the nose today?

vQwcZXy.jpg
Very impressive! Looks like it's actually part of the vehicle and not just a sticker!

I do admit I like this version the most probably. It's screams "Tesla" more than any other version, even the original.

Not really sure why everybody is losing their minds over Anders/Mihai's design... It doesn't look like a Tesla at all. Kinda like a corvette wannabe (which is cool-looking, admittedly).

Reactions: Justmurr
Surprised that nobody noticed the other (white? silver?) Model 3 in the pic. Good view of the trunk in daylight.

So the prototypes tai lights don't contain the charger port.

Car don't need a grille between the headlights, but it would be better if Tesla reduced the size of the empty space by making the lower air intake larger.

IMG_6343_Ferrari-458-Italia-mhh-dead-front.JPG

Or keep the corporate face and use the small grille and large lower intake from the MX. Plus reduce the overbite that looks like a frog. The bumper shouldn't point up/out.

tesla-model-x-launch-025-2040.0.jpg