Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front End... Hmmmmmm

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm glade that they are not showing the Fisker design for the 3. The "S" is a classic design that should not be changed. The new redesign makes the "S" looks like duck. Each to his or her own, I'll stay with the original look. No new Tesla purchase here, lets see what the other manufactures come up with.

It'll end up like this at the reveal2, I think (I hope so)

A nice family resemblance ... :cool:

m3-front-jpg.170325

I recently heard that Tesla is considering going to a plastic molding vs. the current steel chrome molding, has anyone else heard this? I am considering putting an order in for the new face lift Model S and don't know if I want a plastic molding when spending $100K+. I like the black out look that some people do but I still would want a steel molding vs. plastic for this kind of money. Thoughts?

I started this thread because I'm seeing some posts and tweets that aren't raving. I can't say I hate it, but when I first saw it I didn't know what to think. I still don't know. It's not a deal breaker for me, I still want one when they are CPO's in 5-6 years. But, I'm a little, just a little, disappointed.
front.jpg

I've been doing a lot of driving outside of CT lately and been seeing a lot more Teslas.

I think Tesla made a mistake changing the front end of the S. The old car was an instant looker, but every time I see pictures of the new one, it's all "ehhhhhhhh". Can't wait til I start to see them in real life. Or not since they don't grab my attention as much because of how bland the front got.

Reactions: RIZE
Most $100,000 cars are covered with chrome, wood, and leather, along with other materials with a design that hearkens back to the Victorian Era. Plus, they use decades old technology that makes a lot of noise, vibrates like mad, and spews toxic gases. That is why I have never been greatly impressed with so-called 'luxury sports sedans'. I can live without them.

Reactions: tomsky
Hey triple M

Most cars build today have a ton of plastic. Spending a $100,000.00 for a bunch of plastic is a little disheartening. I like the original look of the “S” it’s classic. The new look, I can live without it.
The original S nosecone is plastic. Personally, the nosecone had always been the one thing I thought looked cheesy on the Model S and glad they dropped it for a design that is more fitting with the rest of the car design.