Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front Facing Camera for all Teslas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The reason why I am putting this out there is I would like your thoughts on a Front facing camera for all the Tesla cars
For all those Tesla car owners do you think
a front facing camera would be a big help parking the car
I think that a front facing camera with a 170 deg view angle mounted above or below the license plate would be great for parking the car in tight spots where the bumper sensors do not pick up obstacle’s
To view what is show on the front facing camera the rear view mirror could be activated with a touch sensor button on the rear view mirror and this would turn on the front camera display
Look forward to your comments

The reason why I am putting this out there is I would like your thoughts on a Front facing camera for all the Tesla cars
I think that a front facing camera with a 170 deg view angle mounted above or below the license plate would be great for parking the car in tight spots where the bumper sensors do not pick up obstacle’s
To view what is show on the front facing camera the rear view mirror could be activated with a touch sensor button on the rear view mirror and this would turn on the front camera display

Yes! I can’t imagine why this is not available. When you record security you can see the front view so there is a camera there.

If you are looking for a bird's-eye view to see all the way to the ground in front of the car, there needs to be a camera on the nose to see how close you are to the anything low. Look at other cars and you will see one there. It seems like it would be cheap to add, Maybe the patent fees @Grabthar mentioned are the hang up. But given the price of these cars adding $100-200 for that would not impact my purchase decision.

Old thread, but worth resurrecting.
I am about to take delivery of my Model Y and can't believe that i could easily hit a low wall front on given no USS and high front cam. Hansshow have an HUD that has a camera link that is mounted in the front grill. This is great, but to use it you have to add significant third party electronics that if they cause an issue with car electronics will void warranty (CAN bus, steering column connections and scroll wheel functions, power, etc). So I don't want to do this and will likely buy the Teslogic BTLE transmitter (plugs into CAN bus) and a steering column phone mount. I then need a separate camera solution. ANybody have experience of a good one? I don't want LTE connection, it's simply for in car use. I guess any basic solution with USB power will do.