Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front hood replacement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all, I’m new here. I got my new MY white on 2/1. I thought One of the windows felt not closing, so went to service center. They’ve checked and told me that everything is fine. But they told me, my front hood need to be replaced. Took the appointment. Replaced the hood, but felt little different color when compare with front bottom and finish is not good in some places. They told me that hood come from Tesla without paint and they did paint in body shop and told me paint is different on plastic vs metal. And they r sending back to body shop to fix that. So is that true that hood come without paint from manufacture and paint locally? If that is the case, paint is not gonna match with rest of the car? What r my options if I don’t like it or not matching the color? Btw love my MY. But from last week it is in service center. Thanks in advance

I don’t know why, but it seems there are numerous complaints of Tesla white cars having non matching white panels. I don’t paint cars for a living but it seems there would be one white and they would use it. Over time color fades of course but yours is basically brand new.

Anyway, only option I can think of for you (if Tesla can’t match the paint to your satisfaction) would be a wrap of some kind for your vehicle. I’ve never looked into the cost but I’m sure it’s quite expensive.

Good luck, and regardless of the paint enjoy your Y!

The service center bent my hood today. I was in having my right front rim replaced because of curb rash and when I left I went and sprayed it down only to find the upper right corner of the hood was bent downwards with an obvious attempt to straighten it out. I’m mortified and disgusted beyond words. I’m not certain because it’s aluminum that it can be fixed to perfection, rather it’s going to need to be replaced. Now tomorrow I’ve got to return to the service center probably to debate them that this happened under their watch. Any suggestions on what to do? Repair or demand replace?

The service center bent my hood today. I was in having my right front rim replaced because of curb rash and when I left I went and sprayed it down only to find the upper right corner of the hood was bent downwards with an obvious attempt to straighten it out. I’m mortified and disgusted beyond words. I’m not certain because it’s aluminum that it can be fixed to perfection, rather it’s going to need to be replaced. Now tomorrow I’ve got to return to the service center probably to debate them that this happened under their watch. Any suggestions on what to do? Repair or demand replace?
Was this resolved? I hope it would be because it sucks when you get something fix and they damaged something else.