Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front seatbelt locking?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone experienced the front seatbelt locking and not letting up? After taking a few turns quickly, or accelerating hard, the seatbelt does the right thing and locks so I don't go flying out of the seat. But, once that is done, it doesn't loosen up again. It's happened a couple times already. The only way to fix it is to unlatch the seatbelt.

Yes, I have this problem and I hate it. Even just straight line acceleration causes it to lock, and since I'm pushed back into my seat at the time it's very hard to get it to unlatch. Another side effect is that the lining of the column now makes creaking noises right in my ear, because of the strain. I'm about to take it to service AGAIN to see if they can do something about the creaking noise.

I have a theory the the acceleration sensor is mounted backwards or something, making it more sensitive in the wrong direction.

Yes, I have this problem and I hate it. Even just straight line acceleration causes it to lock, and since I'm pushed back into my seat at the time it's very hard to get it to unlatch. Another side effect is that the lining of the column now makes creaking noises right in my ear, because of the strain. I'm about to take it to service AGAIN to see if they can do something about the creaking noise.

I have a theory the the acceleration sensor is mounted backwards or something, making it more sensitive in the wrong direction.

Yea, i've got the creeking too. Let me know if they can fix it!