Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front sonar side sensors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Received my wife's X90D 2 weeks ago. She and I just took a trip from Northern Virginia to Michigan, just above Detroit, and back. (No, We didn't 'carry' when in Michigan- but did note that there is ONLY one set of Superchargers in the WHOLE state). 10+ hours each way.
I love the car! (coming from Chevy Avalanche-13 MPG, and 12 years of Prius driving!). I quote many others-"Best Car Ever!
Love the Windshield! Love the One Pedal Driving! Love the (beta) Auto-Pilot! Can't wait for upgrades
Supercharging is very convenient! Much better for my hip than sitting in the car for 4+ hours at a time!
My question is: it seems to me that Front side sonar sensors do not seem to detect other vehicles (no show on the dash) nearly as much as the rear sonar sensors. The problem that occurs from my initial impression is that when passing large vehicles, I.e. 18 wheeler trucks, that the X does not detect the rig initially and stays TOO close to that side of the lane. Once the rear sensors detect the truck it moves slightly away and my, and my wife's, anal sphincter can relax.
I note that the front sensors only 'show' on the dash about 1/25th compared to the rear sensors.
Is that true for others too? Is that the way it is supposed to work? Or do I need to contact my SC?
Thanks for any feedback.