Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front speaker glitch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi to all... I’ve been having lately trouble with my front speakers inly. While listening to music, I hear a loud sound like a lose wire on a speaker type of sound and then the front speakers stop working. The only I get them back is to turn car off then back on. Then it’s fine for a while but happens again every 2-3 rides. Annoying...
any ideas on that? thanks

Happens to me too. Comes back on my next ride. Haven’t put much thought into it, as Its happened like 3 times. So far on latest software no issues.
Update...not too long after posting, the front speakers cut out On latest software update. Guess it’s something that will continue to happen. Also at some point the MCU got really laggy and the volume scroll wouldn't work unless you played with it for a bit. Nav was delayed too. Scroll wheel rest fixed it.

Same experience here, I have had three separate “pops” like a rock hitting the windshield and then the front speakers stop working. Double scroll wheel reset starts it up again, but it is unnerving to do that while driving. It started on the 2019.39 software but has not happened with 2019.50 yet.

I wonder if this is an example of random cosmic rays hitting one of the transistors causing a “bit-flip?” See the radiolab podcast “bit flip.”

mike P

Hi to all... I’ve been having lately trouble with my front speakers inly. While listening to music, I hear a loud sound like a lose wire on a speaker type of sound and then the front speakers stop working. The only I get them back is to turn car off then back on. Then it’s fine for a while but happens again every 2-3 rides. Annoying...
any ideas on that? thanks
It happened to me today. Model X 2019 Raven