TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Front window issue - auto front door closes door with window "up"

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by mike2016, Oct 4, 2016.

1. mike2016

mike2016 Member

Everytime I go near the car to unplug the charge cable the door opens, then when i go put the charge cable away, the door closes. it opens again when I come back.

Today, the front door closed with a loud "bang", then I noticed this in the picture

It seems like the window was not rolled down briefly properly before the door fully closes.

Anyone experienced this issue?

My 60D X is 3 weeks old.

Attached Files:

2. LuckyX

LuckyX Stormtrooper X60D, Autopilot, and Hitch

My window did that today during lunch. Thought it was weird and will monitor if it happens again. My X is 10days old

3. vandacca

vandacca ReActive Member

This has only happened to me once during the first week of ownership, on my passenger door. I attributed it to my passenger closing the door manually. I try to have the vehicle close the doors whenever possible (rather than manually doing it). It hasn't happened again since, but I suspect that this is a "bug" and it only occurs under certain specific circumstances. Re-opening and closing should resolve it. If not, then definitely check with Service.

4. Saghost

Saghost Well-Known Member

It's happened to me on two random occasions out of hundreds of door closings.

I haven't figured out a pattern to them so far, and it didn't seem to do any damage, as disturbing as it sounds.

5. DuplexDianne

DuplexDianne Member

I've read about it in the forums and experienced it first hand last week about 3x. Re-calibrate your window. There are threads on this.
    Hold the window switch all the way down, and hold it there an extra 5 seconds after it stops, then hold the window switch in the up position until it closes all the way and hold an extra 5 seconds.

A few days later I noticed that when I got in the driver seat and turned to put my seatbelt on, the window was rolled down about an inch. I had to close it myself..this happened at least twice in the same day, so I did the recalibration again.

Haven't had problems since. But if I do, will recalibrate again. My first SC appointment is next Friday. Will add to my list...

6. Saghost

Saghost Well-Known Member

If I got it a few times in succession, I'd do that. As it is, the two random occasions don't make me think that the calibration is off.