Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front Windshield Replacement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, advice needed. Do you think my windshield should be replaced by TESLA or will O’Briens do a good job of replacing it and calibrating it properly? Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_0173.jpeg
    IMG_0173.jpeg
    304.7 KB · Views: 163
I have full glass coverage with my auto insurance
Do insurance companies pay for Tesla glass replacements?
Yes, and not only that but windshield/glass-only claims tend not to increase your premiums.
In my case, I have Tesla insurance, so I only pay my comprehensive deductible. (Tesla doesn't separate comprehensive from glass, though some insurers have comprehensive and glass separate)

Yes, and not only that but windshield/glass-only claims tend not to increase your premiums.
In my case, I have Tesla insurance, so I only pay my comprehensive deductible. (Tesla doesn't separate comprehensive from glass, though some insurers have comprehensive and glass separate)
That is incorrect. We live in the broken windshield capital - rocky Arizona and had multiple windshield repairs 2-3 per year per 4 cars. No accidents or tickets. Our rates went up and my wife was getting high quotes from others. Our new insurance agent clearly stated that the multiple windshield claims were the reason. It makes sense because it is costing them money. Now we don't even make claims for broken windshields an longer, it's cheaper to do it on your own. AND DON'T LET THEM CHARGE YOU FOR CALIBRATION, use the "clear calibration" in your car's computer.
If a camera has shifted from its calibrated position (for example, the camera or windshield was replaced), you must clear the calibration. To do so, touch Controls > Service > Camera Calibration > Clear Calibration. When the calibration is cleared, Model 3 repeats the calibration process. While this helps re-calibrate the cameras in many cases, Clear Calibration may not resolve all camera and sensor concerns.