Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD 11.3.2 on the Highway

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Possibly bad map data? Or GPS got confused and thought you were on a different road with a speed limit of 5mph?
Nope. Map on that route had been used at least 8 times in past 7 months. It’s part of a 305 mile one way trip (610 round trip) I take monthly. Speed limit was 65 and the car was maintaining that until the sudden phantom braking.

Here's a v11 video in moderate to heavy traffic:

At 3:53 in the video:

“Every time it sees a speed limit sign on the side of the road, it slows down, so I always have to increase speed.“

JFC. That would drive me absolutely nuts.

Is this how FSDb always worked on city streets? I seem to recall that being the case, but it’s been so long since I’ve used FSDb that I can’t really remember for sure. (Behaviors like this are one of the (many) reasons I don’t use it.)

Last edited:

FSD seems not to register a white speed sign when exiting interstate. We have signs that can make exit speeds need to drop from 75 mph to 40 or even 25 mph. Requires breaking which throws it out of FSD

I am being offered the latest 2022.45.15. I currently have the old 2022.44.30.10. Bottom line: as one who *relies* on autopilot for my commuting sanity, will installing this present any danger of disrupting my currently happy Navigate on Autopilot features? If I'm not liking the single stack, I can just turn off FSD beta and be back to my happy place?

Reactions: jsmay311
If I'm not liking the single stack, I can just turn off FSD beta and be back to my happy place?
FSD (not FSDb) is unchanged to my knowledge. If you are happy with that functionality today you should be good.to upgrade Obviously you lose what FSDb does on city streets.

The vast majority of the complaints are things we had in v10 - nav issues, lane choice, errant turn signals, etc. There's a couple new wrinkles but easily manageable if you take time to understand how it works - i.e. freeway lane selection.

I am being offered the latest 2022.45.15. I currently have the old 2022.44.30.10. Bottom line: as one who *relies* on autopilot for my commuting sanity, will installing this present any danger of disrupting my currently happy Navigate on Autopilot features? If I'm not liking the single stack, I can just turn off FSD beta and be back to my happy place?
I just got it today and my test on the freeway was excellent. However, I have not tested NoA yet - just basic AP with MLC enabled and Chill mode. The car stayed in the lane and was smooth for several miles of my test.

So, if you get onto the freeway, pick a lane, and just enable AP, and MLC, it seems to stay put and give you a standard, relaxing drive. If you put in a nav route for NoA, others have indicated it changes lanes for speed (even with MLC enabled, which is odd).