Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD 12 causing flat tires (right rear)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else experience an increase in flat tires, specifically right rear tire?

I just got my 2nd flat, in the same tire, since updating to FSD 12. My theory: FSD 12 loves to hug curbs as it makes right turns, which causes the rear tire to pickup all the loose nails and screws that accumulate there.
On the plus side, I now have a nice set of Michelin Cross Climate 2s.

• Funny
Reactions: pobguy and Mark II
Yes I got two at the same time right rear and front left. Luckily I was able to get to the office before the front went down. Same reason all the crap close to the curb and center of road. Someone had lost bolt out of there truck and I found it unfortunately.

I should have seen then coming but I was making a right on a green arrow and was concerned about on coming traffic with the new release.

Yes I got two at the same time right rear and front left. Luckily I was able to get to the office before the front went down. Same reason all the crap close to the curb and center of road. Someone had lost bolt out of there truck and I found it unfortunately.

I should have seen then coming but I was making a right on a green arrow and was concerned about on coming traffic with the new release.
Don't you guys have the sweeper trucks cleaning the corners ???

Anyone else experience an increase in flat tires, specifically right rear tire?

I just got my 2nd flat, in the same tire, since updating to FSD 12. My theory: FSD 12 loves to hug curbs as it makes right turns, which causes the rear tire to pickup all the loose nails and screws that accumulate there.

My theory: it's trained heavily on Model 3 data (most numerous) and doesn't adjust for car model. People who complain about hitting curbs seems to be Model Y, S and X, which are wider. It's taking the centerline as learned from human 3 drivers. It's been fine for me, but I have a 3.

• Informative
Reactions: Mark II and enemji
My theory: it's trained heavily on Model 3 data (most numerous) and doesn't adjust for car model. People who complain about hitting curbs seems to be Model Y, S and X, which are wider. It's taking the centerline as learned from human 3 drivers. It's been fine for me, but I have a 3.
I totally agree and that is why I predict RoboTaxi to be Model 3 based, at the very least the same size and camera placements.

Reactions: Mark II and DrChaos