Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD 2021.44.30.15 Update Issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just tested the latest version of FSD Beta, 2021.44.30.15. I've been in the program since October (2020 Mod Y Perf) and this is the first serious problem I've encountered. This update was the one they had to push out because of the NHSTA concerns about optional rolling stops - something that was not a problem at all, but I digress. Today's update started throwing serious errors almost immediately. The first one was an "Emergency Braking Disabled" message that would not clear until I ended my trip and started again. The next two errors happened at freeways speeds (on the I-5 in San Diego). The RED WHEEL immediately appeared telling me to take immediate control - except I already had control and had barely engaged FSD. The car has never behaved this way. Fearing these were counting as forced disengagements (I've never had one), I did not test it further. I sent a note to service tonight. Anyone else had any issues with 44.30.15?

• Informative
Reactions: ContrarianDC
Well…..glad I haven’t gotten it then. I was one of the few pushed from 10.8.1 to 10.9. Figured for sure I’d get pushed 10.10 (30.15) due to correction of the NHTSA rolling stop issue, but didn’t receive it in the initial batch. Thank goodness. Between your issues, everyone else’s that got it and AI addicts, Chucks it looks disastrous. I’ll wait.

Ski

Last edited:
Just wondering if the rollout has been paused? Teslafi hasn't had any new activity in over 24 hours. Initially 450 cars received the update. All but 48 have installed 10.10. Hopefully by end of day we'll see another batch released. If not I suspect we'll see 10.10.1 since some system errors (like this posting) have been reported.
(Note he has since reported FSD is now working)

Last edited:
Reactions: Rusty1
Just wondering if the rollout has been paused? Teslafi hasn't had any new activity in over 24 hours. Initially 450 cars received the update. All but 48 have installed 10.10. Hopefully by end of day we'll see another batch released. If not I suspect we'll see 10.10.1 since some system errors (like this posting) have been reported.
(Note he has since reported FSD is now working)
Could be that it shows top left FSD is not available. Might then consider paying attention and grab the wheel. Not to complicated.

Could be that it shows top left FSD is not available. Might then consider paying attention and grab the wheel. Not to complicated.

The complication is there will be no one in the car driving at the end of this year for the Robotaxi fleet.

We know that robotaxi will happen because Tesla said so. Otherwise, how could Tesla justify increasing the FSD from $7,000 to $8,000 to $10,000, and now it's gonna be so sublime at $12,000?

Previous cheaper versions have a smoother experience and by paying $12,000 with this version, there is more frequency for "it shows top left FSD is not available". Paying more for less "available"!

The complication is there will be no one in the car driving at the end of this year for the Robotaxi fleet.

We know that robotaxi will happen because Tesla said so. Otherwise, how could Tesla justify increasing the FSD from $7,000 to $8,000 to $10,000, and now it's gonna be so sublime at $12,000?

Previous cheaper versions have a smoother experience and by paying $12,000 with this version, there is more frequency for "it shows top left FSD is not available". Paying more for less "available"!
Don’t like or see value in the package then don’t Buy it? Regurgitating past optimistic statements adds what value again to anyone that cares about FSD? People complain that they never share any direction or feedback but when they do there is an army there to judge each word for an eternity. Don’t like optomistic companies buy a Ford. Personally I have used FSD for over a year including Beta and while not perfect I am pleased with the direction it’s heading. Difference is I don’t take every word shared as “owed” or a “promise”. In 17k miles of FSD I wouldn’t personally buy this technology car Without the technology. But that’s just me.

Reactions: Tombolian
Approximately 18% of the owners with TeslaFI who upgraded from 10.8.1 have 10.10. This represents 450 owners using TeslaFI. There hasn't been a second batch of releases which may indicate we're waiting for 10.10.1. Might end up being a replay of 10.8.1. Pretty much the same story for TeslaScope, 50 owners but none since the initial release.

Ford doesn't take $12,000 in its promise for FSD. You can buy its promises for free. Yes, anyone can buy Ford promises but they only cost zero dollars.
Exactly what they are worth ...

$9K - thats what Lucid is charging for unspecified Semi-Autonomous feature at an unspecified future date.

Something similar for Zeekr/ XPeng. They also offer a discount if you buy now vs later.

Currently only Tesla, GM, XPeng & Zeekr are even considering offering autonomous city driving.

Reactions: Yelobird
...$9K - thats what Lucid is charging for unspecified Semi-Autonomous feature at an unspecified future date.

Something similar for Zeekr/ XPeng. They also offer a discount if you buy now vs later.

Currently only Tesla, GM, XPeng & Zeekr are even considering offering autonomous city driving.

Sadly, others now are copycats: Selling something that's not working yet!

I guess this means they are not adding any new testers? So frustrating, had cameras replaced week of thanksgiving, they were wrong, replace January 19th, score 98-99, now I’m the ugly girl at the dance, shut out completely. Anyone know when they will let new testers in?

Reactions: Rusty1
We can only speculate and make assumptions, but its not looking good. 10.10 rollout appears to be limited, like 10.9 and 10.8. Many of the people waiting to get in to the beta are probably on 2022.4 (or 4.5) now and it seems unlikely that they would push a 2021.44.30.x version to those cars rather than wait for a new beta built into a 2022.4 or 2022.8(?) baseline. There hasn't really been a clean beta deployment to use as a reference for when they add new users since the fall. Seems like they go: internal tesla employees, then a limited group of existing beta users, then all existing beta users, then new beta users are onboarded as a last step. Assuming there is a 10.10.1 coming as an explanation for why 10.10 is held up, we are still waiting to see that show up on any employee cars. If that 10.10.1 comes in a 2021.44.30.x version, the new users sitting on 2022.4 probably won't get it anyway. Maybe the next one...

Phantom breaking is much worse, it also does unexpected things like crossing middle lines and turn into curbs.
i‘be reported all to Tesla
Crossing middle lanes is … not unexpected (if there are obstructions on the road). How long have you had FSD beta ?

Phantom braking is kind of random, so difficult to say anything. Turning into curbs would be bad ….

Crossing middle lanes is … not unexpected (if there are obstructions on the road). How long have you had FSD beta ?

Phantom braking is kind of random, so difficult to say anything. Turning into curbs would be bad ….
Realistically, a situation where you HAVE to cross middle lanes is pretty rare. Most of the time FSD tries to do it is when traffic in front is just slow and it wants to go around them.

I would actually prefer FSD not support this kind of behavior until they get to the "trailing 9s". FSD has so many bigger issues, and incorrectly jumping into oncoming lane can be extremely dangerous

Reactions: edseloh and Goose66