Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta and Camera Recalibration

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did a camera recalibration recently to see if it would smooth out FSD Beta 10.4. To my surprise, it really seems improved since then, and I've had my best drives with it ever! I'm seeing less sudden weird jerking in unexpected directions and steadier steering, which makes it a lot more pleasant to beta test.

Seems like this could be:
- My imagination / placebo effect / confirmation bias (the drives weren't better at all)
- Fooled by randomness (the drives were better, but just by chance)
- Tesla changed some settings in my car around that time (i.e. as they finish an A/B test and choose the winning setting of something)
- Camera calibration actually did help

Those of you who've done the recalibration, what have you seen?

I did a camera recalibration recently to see if it would smooth out FSD Beta 10.4. To my surprise, it really seems improved since then, and I've had my best drives with it ever! I'm seeing less sudden weird jerking in unexpected directions and steadier steering, which makes it a lot more pleasant to beta test.

Seems like this could be:
- My imagination / placebo effect / confirmation bias (the drives weren't better at all)
- Fooled by randomness (the drives were better, but just by chance)
- Tesla changed some settings in my car around that time (i.e. as they finish an A/B test and choose the winning setting of something)
- Camera calibration actually did help

Those of you who've done the recalibration, what have you seen?
I’m going to try this and report back. Good idea!

I did a recalibration two days ago and didn't believe it made any difference initially but phantom braking/slowing does seem improved. Could also just be the lighting conditions. As far as FSD driving I've haven't seen any improvement. Recalibration took less then 10 miles driving in the center lane of a 3 lane highway.