Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD beta battery drain

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got fsd beta access, and it feels like the battery is drained faster when I use fsd beta(which makes sense). Does anyone know how much battery is more drained when fsd beta active vs when it is off?
If there is data shows the % of more consumption of battery, please share?

Thank you Tesla Family!

I was just searching for this since I noticed the same thing since getting the FSD Beta.. I seem to be "losing" more range.

I think this may be related to the uploading of FSD Beta video and data when the car is idle. I think my car uploaded at least 20GB of data last night and this morning I noticed my range was less than I expected it would be (charged to 80%, drove 50 miles, but "lost" an additional 15-20 miles by this morning). I say it uploaded "at least" since I'm just going by my internet providers bandwidth usage. I'll have to check my access point for more specific data consumption later tonight.

Anyway, just a single observation so far. But I would be interested in hearing if anyone else notices large uploads to the mothership and a noticeable decrease in range the following morning.

Reactions: khs8088
Upvote 0
I was just searching for this since I noticed the same thing since getting the FSD Beta.. I seem to be "losing" more range.

I think this may be related to the uploading of FSD Beta video and data when the car is idle. I think my car uploaded at least 20GB of data last night and this morning I noticed my range was less than I expected it would be (charged to 80%, drove 50 miles, but "lost" an additional 15-20 miles by this morning). I say it uploaded "at least" since I'm just going by my internet providers bandwidth usage. I'll have to check my access point for more specific data consumption later tonight.

Anyway, just a single observation so far. But I would be interested in hearing if anyone else notices large uploads to the mothership and a noticeable decrease in range the following morning.
Thank you so much for your inputs. I noticed the same as you did and was curious if there is a data to support how much less it will drive due to FSD usage. Any inputs from other are welcomed.

Upvote 0
RIGHT. Makes no sense that battery drain would be worse due to having fsd.
If the processor is working harder to run the FSD code it would draw more power. I have no idea what the power consumption of the FSD processor is but it would probably be on the order of watts to 10’s of watts so any effect on the battery should be minuscule.

Upvote 0