Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta Button in the UK?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It would most likely fix the condensation issue. I did some tests with very gentle warming of the camera window from the outside and it hardly took anything to clear the glass.

I don't know about compatibility with camera imaging.

Again, even minor retrospective changes that include wiring / power supply changes can be a big headache.
If the camera is on it produces some heat anyway, I suspect as a by-product of operating. It sounds like Durzel had a specific issue, I've had very little issue with misting on mine after pre-conditioning the car. Main issue is low sun (not many solutions for that) and raindrops on the outside of wing and B-pillar.
I did consider hydrophobic lens sticker things, but ultimately decided they were likely to be BS.

If the camera is on it produces some heat anyway, I suspect as a by-product of operating. It sounds like Durzel had a specific issue, I've had very little issue with misting on mine after pre-conditioning the car. Main issue is low sun (not many solutions for that) and raindrops on the outside of wing and B-pillar.
I did consider hydrophobic lens sticker things, but ultimately decided they were likely to be BS.
IMO the main issue is lack of airflow. The gortex patch and air vent vs sealed enclosure seem significant factors.

The main front camera is heated and sealed. Not sure why they didn't adopt the same approach for B-pillars.

Good that you find preconditioning works for you but for me once there is elevated humidity in the car and lower external temps the fogging issue becomes a real hassle.

IMO the main issue is lack of airflow. The gortex patch and air vent vs sealed enclosure seem significant factors.

The main front camera is heated and sealed. Not sure why they didn't adopt the same approach for B-pillars.

Good that you find preconditioning works for you but for me once there is elevated humidity in the car and lower external temps the fogging issue becomes a real hassle.
Sell it for as much as you can and cut as many corners as possible...

The angles covered by the B pillar cameras are pretty good - essentially the same as looking left and right. I think the complexity is actually how do you stich all these camera input together in real time, and than apply driving logic to work out when to pull out when not too.

From my very limited understanding of what Tesla is doing with FSD, the current Beta is only just starting to do the stitching up of all the camera inputs. Joining the road from my house requires lots of looking left/right/left/right, and even than occasionally I would pull out only to 'see' a car coming up behind me quite quickly, because as a human sadly I cannot look in 2 different directions at the same time and when ever I pull out there is always one side of the road I have no real time knowledge or information on.

In theory if Tesla can 'solve' this issue, there is no reason why autonomous car will be much better than humans at pulling out safely.

forward_merged_incl_pillar-2.jpg
Did you used to be on the BMW F30post forum?