Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD features to start rolling out in August...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Actually, what you said was:

It functions up to 90 mph, and slows it down by 25 mph. Or to a stop if you were going slower than 25.

Right... if the speed difference is more than 25 it doesn't function beyond that. Unless you're going 25 or less it won't stop the car

Which is quite different from stopping you from highway speeds- the situation I contrasted AEB to with TACC.

Apologies if I was somehow unclear in my wording though.

Until it doesn't, and then your crash ends up all over the news. :p

Maybe I should have clarified the not always part because there are certainly times it does. It's just not something you can rely on right now.

Right now, you cannot rely on anything about autopilot. That's why it's a BETA feature (the owners manual capitalizes the word every time it uses it). And that's why you have to keep your eyes on the road, your hands on the wheel, and your mind alert and vigilant any time you are using it.

It's not just parked cars that it sometimes does not see. I had to take over the steering just the other day because it was getting way too close to the car in the next lane over from me. This was just about a minute after it incorrectly showed that same car as overlapping into my lane.

The Model 3 on its current software does see stopped cars most of the time. It doesn't do anything right 100% of the time. (And I predict the same will apply to the "FSD" features: They will be BETA features that the car gets right most of the time.)