Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD for $3K online for EAP owners?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just logged into my account and noticed this price.

I guess that solves that. I paid $5500 for EAP post purchase and can buy FSD for $3000. $500 more than current prepurchase rates, no complaints here.

Attachments

• 6414D2CF-C786-4FBD-AD52-2E1E385A387E.jpeg
    6414D2CF-C786-4FBD-AD52-2E1E385A387E.jpeg
    561.7 KB · Views: 117
I guess that solves that. I paid $5500 for EAP post purchase and can buy FSD for $3000. $500 more than current prepurchase rates, no complaints here.

....what! Then why did i give them $3K at purchase for FSD?! No offense, but that's slightly annoying as someone who pre-paid because i didn't want to pay $5K later (what they said it would be). I'd expect you to pay at least $3500 :(

Congrats if true though haha

I need to get to my laptop and see if my phone is the issue. Per above I can check the option but not check out.

And I understand you being annoyed. We shall see what happens.

....what! Then why did i give them $3K at purchase for FSD?! No offense, but that's slightly annoying as someone who pre-paid because i didn't want to pay $5K later (what they said it would be). I'd expect you to pay at least $3500 :(

Given that things are still acting wonky at the moment (on reddit some people are seeing weird pricing / behavior), I think they are hashing out the details. I do agree the price should be at least $500 more.

If they keep the $3k price point, I do hope they throw us FSD pre-purchasers something. At this point I think it would be a bad idea to mail out checks, so I think some alternate means of compensation would be better.

How do you get to the buy FSD option? I have never seen any upgrades available under manage.

Edit: n/m found it. It's listed under EAP upgrade rather than FSD upgrade. Not available at this time though.

When I go to manage my 3 I scrolled down to the “shop” section and selected “autopilot upgrades”:
2A3EB50C-B499-45A4-B013-D35FDA717DE1.png

On the next page there is the option to select the FSD upgrade for $3000, but it doesn’t let you go to checkout (not that I wanted to buy FSD right now anyway):
286B33AF-9EA4-499C-910A-7114320ACEE3.png

• Informative
Reactions: outdoors
I am confused... I didn't buy EAP when I bought the car. I just logged in my account and was offered "Full Self Driving Capability" for $7k, the same price for EAP before the major announcement this afternoon. I guess I will pull the trigger when it's $2k and TRULY self-driving. :) With Tesla's track record, I don't think it's that far-fetched.

I am confused... I didn't buy EAP when I bought the car. I just logged in my account and was offered "Full Self Driving Capability" for $7k, the same price for EAP before the major announcement this afternoon. I guess I will pull the trigger when it's $2k and TRULY self-driving. :) With Tesla's track record, I don't think it's that far-fetched.

If this is true....i'm probably just going to sell my car :D

That would mean that by waiting and not buying the software at delivery, you saved $1k!

I just had the 7k upgrade option (I don’t have EAP) and then refreshed the page and it was gone. No option for me now.

Reactions: kbecks13
Sigh again.

I refreshed and the upgrade link disappeared. This company drives me crazy sometimes.

How do you get to the buy FSD option? I have never seen any upgrades available under manage.

Edit: n/m found it. It's listed under EAP upgrade rather than FSD upgrade.
I just had the 7k upgrade option (I don’t have EAP) and then refreshed the page and it was gone. No option for me now.

I refreshed and the upgrade link disappeared. This company drives me crazy sometimes.

In this case i think they really wanted to keep the news hush-hush to avoid leaks, which definitely hurts your ability to rapidly and accurately update the webpage and (remaining) sales team.

Elon mentioned they will clarify in the coming days on Twitter earlier tonight: Elon Musk on Twitter

• Love
Reactions: vjason