Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD for $3K online for EAP owners?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, I saw that.

If they want cash in the short term a temporary deal for $3k would sway me. I wouldn’t be surprised to see a short term deal for EAP owners given the recent changes.

A brief discount would give them an out to say that they offered you a deal as a loyal customer but you passed so don’t complain about current/future price drops.

In this case i think they really wanted to keep the news hush-hush to avoid leaks, which definitely hurts your ability to rapidly and accurately update the webpage and (remaining) sales team.

Elon mentioned they will clarify in the coming days on Twitter earlier tonight: Elon Musk on Twitter

Ive got the option to buy for $3000 and the button working, should I click it !

Yep, I can get to the checkout now too. I’m not buying it right now though.

0E9429D1-2FCA-477F-B281-791A04A031E9.png

This is all quite hilarious.

I pulled the trigger and it went through. Worst case scenario this is the new price and I bought now versus later. Best case scenario they fix all this and restore the $5k price.

While spending $3k is rarely a deal, taxes aside I paid within a few hundred of what net new buyers pay at delivery so I'm content. If my car goes from 80% to 90%+ driving me the work next year it'll be worth it.

Attachments

• B01A3E56-8224-4587-A14A-52249DCC5EAC.jpeg
    B01A3E56-8224-4587-A14A-52249DCC5EAC.jpeg
    122.2 KB · Views: 43
May I ask which features, and how you know they will not work on HW2.5? (Serious question.)

All the "coming soon" ones.

We know multiple ways- The most obvious being back in October when they revealed HW3 existed they explained in some detail it was required for FSD stuff, but NOT for the EAP features.

Since none of the "coming soon" features listed today for FSD were ever listed for EAP, those would be the ones that require HW3.

That's (Oct) also when they told us anyone who paid for FSD with 2.x HW would get the HW3 computer free, and no changes at all to the sensor suite- just a quick chip swap and they built the car to be able to swap it easily.

• Informative
Reactions: Dre78