Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD: how to keep car in carpool lane?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
AFAIK, this has been fixed. The bigger problem is when you’re using FSD beta, you’re in a left-side HOV lane, and your route demands a right-side exit. FSD will not exit the HOV lane to make the exit, ignore nav and keep going. Nav will go nuts trying to re-route, but you ultimately have to cancel FSD & manually drive to your destination.

Does FSD trigger the right turn blinker and try to change lane
because there is a car in front of you but the lane next to you is empty?

If so, you can cancel the move by pushing back the blinker stalk.
But you could also, in your settings, disable the auto lane change and make it manual.
Yes. But more importantly keep thr car at speed limit and use chill mode.

I experienced problems with FSD and HOV lanes a year to two years ago. If I had FSD activated and HOV lane use not selected, the vehicle would not stay in the lane next to the HOV lane. I complained a lot, and that bug finally got fixed recently.

More recently, FSD won't exit a left-side HOV lane for a right exit that's part of the planned route. This is an HOV lane that has a single-line boundary. The vehicle will just keep going in the HOV lane and replan for the next right side exit to continue the route, then also miss that exit. I have yet to test the current version of FSD (11.4.9) for this bug.