Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD: how to keep car in carpool lane?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does FSD trigger the right turn blinker and try to change lane
because there is a car in front of you but the lane next to you is empty?

If so, you can cancel the move by pushing back the blinker stalk.
But you could also, in your settings, disable the auto lane change and make it manual.

Does FSD trigger the right turn blinker and try to change lane
because there is a car in front of you but the lane next to you is empty?

If so, you can cancel the move by pushing back the blinker stalk.
But you could also, in your settings, disable the auto lane change and make it manual.
You can’t disable auto lane changes with FSD Beta, you can only minimize them. The OP didn’t specify whether it was Beta.

You can’t disable auto lane changes with FSD Beta, you can only minimize them. The OP didn’t specify whether it was Beta.

Well, I learned something, thank you.
I recently got the Beta version, and I noticed that FSD often wanted changing lane, compared to the previous behaviour
I was thinking that my setting were erased after update, but I could not find how to fix this issue, but didn't really investigate on it.

Not exactly apples to apples comparison but....

I had few unexpected lane changes in the highways at exact same spots with and without traffic around me. Also a spot on a rural highway that Tesla thinks there is an invisible stop sign right in the middle of nothing (used to be a temporary construction stop sign long time ago).

I assumed these were mapping errors, so I intentionally broke out of FSD (manual brake) and voice reported them. Some of these were somehow fixed. There's still two remaining that seems to be stubborn....

I had to report multiple times over months....

Changing lanes to follow route. But the exit is not for another 10 miles.

One of the problems with FSD (and NoA for that matter) is the car is too tentative when making lane changes, so you could easily miss the exit. To address this, newer versions of FSD start to move into the exit lane a lot sooner. Another reason for it to start early is that HOV lanes typically have restricted access limiting when you can enter and exit. Thus the car must start to move over well before the exit.

I have the same issue. Car won't stay in the car pool lane no matter what, even though the Use HOV Lane option is selected.
It's so bad that it even tries to make illegal lane changes out of the HOV lane, and will randomly slow way down to try and exit.

You mean passing over a double white lane? Was the double white lane displayed on the navigation rendering?

Turn off your destination after you’re in the lane. It’ll go straight. Then when you are approaching your exit, reenable your destination.

This is what I do when I am in the HOV lane on the LIE in Long Island NY. It keeps trying to route me out of the HOV lane to take the exit to either take the access road or move over to Northern State Parkway (both are parallel roads). I figured out a couple months ago that I just have to turn off GPS destination, put it in minimize lane changes. This will keep FSDb in the HOV lane until I reactivate my GPS address for my exit.

• Helpful
Reactions: Black/Black MS