TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

FSD Letter - What does it include?

Discussion in 'Autopilot & Autonomous/FSD' started by R1Bill, Aug 6, 2019.

1. diplomat33

diplomat33 Active Member

I am just sharing information. I am not making any judgment one way or the other about the tweet.

2. EVNow

EVNow Well-Known Member

I don't think you are building any credibility by calling Musk names. It adds zero value to the discussion we are having and is basically trollish.

3. Octo

Octo Banned

The value that it adds is that it characterizes Elon Musk’s persona based on his tweets over the years about this topic in light of the current state of FSD. And what makes you think I care about my credibility in a forum with people that are believing Elon Musk about FSD ?!?

If the wasn’t a clown, we’d be riding Tesla’s robotaxis and you’d be operating a fleet of Teslas in their network of robotaxis. It’s 2019 and he sold FSD in 2016.

He also throws out the tweet that diplomat33 quoted just because he knows that there are people out there buying into his hype (it has worked without significant penalty for him or Tesla since 2016) and he wants their money before the next iteration of FSD is released. Why would he stop?

Trust me, if you think me calling him a clown is me trolling, you wouldn’t like the words I have for him (and people like you) if I’d post on a non moderated forum.

• Like x 1
  4. Padelford

Padelford Supporting Member

As long as they send the car home afterwards. ;)

5. R1Bill

R1Bill Member

Well, I paid the money. I got an email saying that it would start to download soon. Of course I have 2.0 hardware and so far nothing's happened. What's the next step?

6. Daniel in SD

Daniel in SD Active Member

Wait between 3 and 6 months :p
    Seriously though there is no difference yet between EAP and FSD so there is nothing to download.

• Like x 1
  7. Az_Rael

Az_Rael Supporting Member

Now your Watch has begun.

Other than verifying you get a receipt or that it shows up on your config in your My Tesla, there is nothing else yet. Hardware upgrades might be starting end of 4th quarter. No one is expecting any features until then.

• Like x 1
  8. R1Bill

R1Bill Member

Yeah, about that, when I try to look at the pdf on my config, it shows up blank. The iPhone T4U app seems to match my config though. Don't know where it gets its info.

9. Az_Rael

Az_Rael Supporting Member

Definitely follow up with Tesla on the reciept. If you are ever unlucky enough to be involved in an accident that totals the car, you will need that documentation for your insurance.

10. R1Bill

R1Bill Member

I got the receipt.

• Like x 1
  11. R1Bill

R1Bill Member

Anyone have an update on when the new hardware is going to be available and what the plans are?

12. diplomat33

diplomat33 Active Member

No. Presumably, Tesla is waiting until the end of this year to do FSD computer upgrades so that it coincides with when the new software is also available. But we have no new updates as far as I know.

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  13. electronblue

electronblue Active Member

You may be disappointed.

• Funny x 3
  14. EVNow

EVNow Well-Known Member

Or not.

• Funny x 3
  15. electronblue

Do you think Tesla will do the HW3 updates this year?

• Funny x 1
  16. EVNow

EVNow Well-Known Member

I won't be surprised if they do.

Steve Jobs Ghost on Twitter

Earl of Frunkpuppy on Twitter

Roadster - never make 100 (sold over 2400)
    Model S - vaporware
    Model x - unbuildable
    Model 3 - stock pump
    Model Y - vaporware
    Semi- stock pump / vaporware
    New Roadster - will never be built​

17. electronblue

#77 electronblue, Sep 7, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2019
    Completely fair to have an opinion. I for one am not surprised if Tesla has not retrofitted any meaningful number of cars by end of 2019 with HW3.

The real world is a much more nuanced place. I totally believed in the first four. I don’t see any risk in the last three either barring some company failure type of scenario.

But I do consider doing the HW3 retrofits and Level 5 feature completion in 2019 iffy business.

• Like x 1
  18. AlanSubie4Life

AlanSubie4Life Active Member

It's definitely coming down to the wire!

19. electronblue

Would you say as close as doing a coast to coast demo by end of 2017?

20. Daniel in SD

Daniel in SD Active Member

I'm not sure what that guy was talking about since Tesla was a public company at that point and reported exactly how much cash they had on hand. Obviously you can always find people saying ridiculous things. I'm not sure who said the Model X was unbuildable. It's just a taller Model S with doors that many people said would be unreliable (they were!). The entire purpose of a public company is to produce value for their shareholders so that's a strange complaint about the Model 3. Who is saying that the Model Y is vaporware? It's almost identical to a Model 3! The Semi seems like a good idea as long as the numbers work versus the cost/maintenance of diesel fueled vehicles. I don't know anything about that. If Tesla stays in business long enough with Elon Musk at the helm I believe the New Roadster will be built.
    I don't think there will be HW3 upgrades this year though.