Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Letter - What does it include?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't think you are building any credibility by calling Musk names. It adds zero value to the discussion we are having and is basically trollish.

The value that it adds is that it characterizes Elon Musk’s persona based on his tweets over the years about this topic in light of the current state of FSD. And what makes you think I care about my credibility in a forum with people that are believing Elon Musk about FSD ?!?

If the wasn’t a clown, we’d be riding Tesla’s robotaxis and you’d be operating a fleet of Teslas in their network of robotaxis. It’s 2019 and he sold FSD in 2016.

He also throws out the tweet that diplomat33 quoted just because he knows that there are people out there buying into his hype (it has worked without significant penalty for him or Tesla since 2016) and he wants their money before the next iteration of FSD is released. Why would he stop?

Trust me, if you think me calling him a clown is me trolling, you wouldn’t like the words I have for him (and people like you) if I’d post on a non moderated forum.

Reactions: am_dmd
Well, I paid the money. I got an email saying that it would start to download soon. Of course I have 2.0 hardware and so far nothing's happened. What's the next step?

Now your Watch has begun.

Other than verifying you get a receipt or that it shows up on your config in your My Tesla, there is nothing else yet. Hardware upgrades might be starting end of 4th quarter. No one is expecting any features until then.

Reactions: R1Bill
Now your Watch has begun.

Other than verifying you get a receipt or that it shows up on your config in your My Tesla, there is nothing else yet. Hardware upgrades might be starting end of 4th quarter. No one is expecting any features until then.

Yeah, about that, when I try to look at the pdf on my config, it shows up blank. The iPhone T4U app seems to match my config though. Don't know where it gets its info.

Yeah, about that, when I try to look at the pdf on my config, it shows up blank. The iPhone T4U app seems to match my config though. Don't know where it gets its info.

Definitely follow up with Tesla on the reciept. If you are ever unlucky enough to be involved in an accident that totals the car, you will need that documentation for your insurance.

I won't be surprised if they do.
Completely fair to have an opinion. I for one am not surprised if Tesla has not retrofitted any meaningful number of cars by end of 2019 with HW3.

Steve Jobs Ghost on Twitter

Earl of Frunkpuppy on Twitter

Roadster - never make 100 (sold over 2400)
Model S - vaporware
Model x - unbuildable
Model 3 - stock pump
Model Y - vaporware
Semi- stock pump / vaporware
New Roadster - will never be built
The real world is a much more nuanced place. I totally believed in the first four. I don’t see any risk in the last three either barring some company failure type of scenario.

But I do consider doing the HW3 retrofits and Level 5 feature completion in 2019 iffy business.

Last edited:
Reactions: R1Bill
I won't be surprised if they do.

Steve Jobs Ghost on Twitter

Earl of Frunkpuppy on Twitter

Roadster - never make 100 (sold over 2400)
Model S - vaporware
Model x - unbuildable
Model 3 - stock pump
Model Y - vaporware
Semi- stock pump / vaporware
New Roadster - will never be built​
I'm not sure what that guy was talking about since Tesla was a public company at that point and reported exactly how much cash they had on hand. Obviously you can always find people saying ridiculous things. I'm not sure who said the Model X was unbuildable. It's just a taller Model S with doors that many people said would be unreliable (they were!). The entire purpose of a public company is to produce value for their shareholders so that's a strange complaint about the Model 3. Who is saying that the Model Y is vaporware? It's almost identical to a Model 3! The Semi seems like a good idea as long as the numbers work versus the cost/maintenance of diesel fueled vehicles. I don't know anything about that. If Tesla stays in business long enough with Elon Musk at the helm I believe the New Roadster will be built.
I don't think there will be HW3 upgrades this year though.