Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fsd option 3k purchase made on accident today.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Crap what an idiot I am. I went to my account page at work and was pricing the option out at 3k with tax. Hit the purchase button by accident today knowing that it will be 2k soon. Customer service on phone says they can't reverse it. What else can I do. It was a totally accidental purchase and I would have considered it at 2k after it comes out.

Omg! This happened to me too on Friday night. Phone slipped out of my hand partially while loading up the page to see full price in cart. Turned phone back around and saw the purchase was being processed. Had no intention of purchasing st $3k now that EAP will keep a bunch of these FSD type features.

I called Tesla and sent emails the moment it happened but they were already closed. Called following day and they said they will “send request to the team that handles these requests” but also that “they could not guarantee it would be accepted”. Said someone from that team should reach out in 2-3 days.

I’ll be upset if they will not refund. I literally reached out within 1 min to cancel and alert them of the error.

It is way too easy to purchase for being a high $ amount and not having a “cancel” option (like Amazon does 30 min grace period).

• Funny
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
Omg! This happened to me too on Friday night. Phone slipped out of my hand partially while loading up the page to see full price in cart. Turned phone back around and saw the purchase was being processed. Had no intention of purchasing st $3k now that EAP will keep a bunch of these FSD type features.

I called Tesla and sent emails the moment it happened but they were already closed. Called following day and they said they will “send request to the team that handles these requests” but also that “they could not guarantee it would be accepted”. Said someone from that team should reach out in 2-3 days.

I’ll be upset if they will not refund. I literally reached out within 1 min to cancel and alert them of the error.

It is way too easy to purchase for being a high $ amount and not having a “cancel” option (like Amazon does 30 min grace period).
probably best to call your credit card company too.

Reactions: Hans L
Crap what an idiot I am. I went to my account page at work and was pricing the option out at 3k with tax. Hit the purchase button by accident today knowing that it will be 2k soon. Customer service on phone says they can't reverse it. What else can I do. It was a totally accidental purchase and I would have considered it at 2k after it comes out.
Some people are making it extremely tough for us to maintain our air of smug superiority.

• Funny
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
Yes. Too easy to do! At least for a new purchase I think you have to reinput your cc info?

I did call CC company and they said that they can open up a “dispute” as soon as it “posts”. Right now transaction is in pending status.

Still no word from Tesla... how about you?

With all of the people running around checking for the 3K --> 2K price drop, I wonder if anyone else accidentally purchased? Maybe we are the only idiots who click randomly... lol.

No wonder Tesla went with the online ordering.

One slip and you're now the proud owner of P3D+

This pales in comparison, but one day I accidentally paid for a month worth of the apple cloud account storage just because I accidentally pushed some button that popped up, and suddenly Apple Pay was paying for it.
Yea, there was a guy complaining on Reddit that he ordered 3 Model 3s on Feb 28 by accident because the website was all flaky!

Still no word from Tesla... how about you?

With all of the people running around checking for the 3K --> 2K price drop, I wonder if anyone else accidentally purchased? Maybe we are the only idiots who click randomly... lol.

Same situation for me. I've contacted with Tesla Customer Service. All they said just refuse for full refund, but willing to drop 1K for recently price change. Keep saying that once you purchased FSD, it become part of the configuration, or value of the car, therefore non-refundable. I was shocked by this, it's just simple software upgrade, I sure they can easily uninstalled. Unless, HW3 change coming soon.

Here is the quote from Elon about getting $1k back:

Elon Musk on Twitter

Warning - he used the word "should" and not "will"
5239FA85-87ED-4670-890C-65C2E378AA0B.png