Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Recall?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Apparently, there’s a recall for full self driving after the whole Super Bowl commercial nonsense? (By the guy who’s stated goal in life is to destroy Tesla full self driving because he hates it.)

164BFF45-228F-4223-B722-20A1108F1865.jpeg

Does that mean that only 336,000 of all the Tesla’s that have been sold half full self driving

Apparently, there’s a recall for full self driving after the whole Super Bowl commercial nonsense? (By the guy who’s stated goal in life is to destroy Tesla full self driving because he hates it.)

View attachment 908198

Does that mean that only 336,000 of all the Tesla’s that have been sold half full self driving
No, that means that only 336,000 teslas have FSD BETA. Every car with FSD does not have FSD beta (probably most of them dont, in fact), regardless of what it seems like by the vocalness of posters here.

I dont (have FSD beta) and my model 3 has FSD, for example, and you had to jump through some specific hoops to get it, including making a specific request for FSD beta.

Plus, Tesla started working with the NTHSA on 2/7 - well before the Super Bowl and it's a voluntary recall (OTA update). It will address some behavior at stop signs, intersection behavior (some FSD betas were going straight through an intersection even in a turn lane - this has never happened to me), and something that happens to me all the time - the car doesn't slow down when changing speed limit zones (while on FSDb...it does in "regular" TACC). You can google to see the exact recall notice and behaviors.

It doesn't seem to address all the FSD beta issues people have reported like phantom braking.

Thank you all kindly for pointing me in the right direction!

The only thing I’ve noticed with the full self driving beta is that it has a tendency to want to change lanes and get you over when the lane is about to end.

Into far is phantom breaking is concerned I haven’t noticed a whole hell of a lot of that… and it was definitely far worse before. Especially when I first got my model Y when transitioning from my model three…

That dude that did the Super Bowl commercial is 100% anti-Tesla FSD. Without a doubt, he’s not really doing apples to apples… He seems to think that, rather than semiautonomous, which is really how the car is designed to use full self driving, that every little thing it feels to achieve is a horrific evil thing.

Reactions: LadyOnikara