Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD subscription question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great info Thx. I just got a new S Friday with Subscription and in the same boat. I am on 23.12.5. Any idea how long or when I might get the FSD beta update? Days? Weeks? Months? Thx again
Not days. Most likely a few months. Best to monitor threads here to see when new versions start rolling out. The next version, 11.4.x (2023.7.x) will likely not roll out to existing testers for a couple weeks. Lately, new FSDb software takes over a month to get to existing testers after it first goes to employee-owned vehicles.

Best to watch the threads on this forum to get wind on new rollouts. You can also check the firmware releases at teslafi.com.

Reactions: CDrury
Not days. Most likely a few months. Best to monitor threads here to see when new versions start rolling out. The next version, 11.4.x (2023.7.x) will likely not roll out to existing testers for a couple weeks. Lately, new FSDb software takes over a month to get to existing testers after it first goes to employee-owned vehicles.

Best to watch the threads on this forum to get wind on new rollouts. You can also check the firmware releases at teslafi.com.
Do you recommend I cancel my fsd subscription and wait until the version for 23.12.5 comes out and then subscribe??

1) don’t update your car anymore
2) wait until an FSD beta version higher than your current car software version is out in wide release. Meaning everyone is getting it not just a handful of YouTube/Twitter influencers.
3) confirm on the forum that Tesla is allowing new FSD beta enrollments (ie the FSD beta request button is no longer grayed out for people)
4) only after meeting all the above conditions should you resubscribe

But keep in mind even after all that, resubscribing does not guarantee your car access into FSD beta, and it likely won’t happen immediately either. It will just give it the highest chance to be able to enroll and download the FSD beta software hopefully without too long of a wait.

Yes you can sign up for subscription (still $199/month last time I checked). Yes you can cancel the subscription after any number of months.

BUT, just because you have an active paid-for subscription does not mean your car instantly downloads an FSDb software load. Generally the FSDb software loads have base weeks well behind the software loaded on most non FSDb cars. So many customers deliberately avoid installing new non-FSDb software releases and wait for a new FSDb release to show up which has a base week higher than the software installed on their car. THEN subscribe, and hope that pretty quickly you'll actually get a download of the software, install it, and activate it.

Regarding the base week matter:
The most widely installed software as of today's reporting by Teslaupdates.org is 2023.12.5 (i.e. week 12 of year 2023)
But the widely available FSDb software is 2022.45.15 (week 45 of year 2022) and the latest FSDb software reported sent to any end users (and that in small numbers) is 2023.7.5.
As Tesla still does not routinely install "older" software on a vehicle, you can see the problem.
Less clear than the "older" problem is the "not a factory build problem".
Usually Tesla has not distributed FSDb software to cars currently running the build with which they left the factory such as 2023.12.100 (last field ends in 00).

The prudent subscriber with a new car might follow this sequence:
1. Install the first new software you are offered.
2. Decline to install further software while you wait.
3. Wait until there is a broadly released FSDb software version with a higher number than your software.
4. Subscribe.
5. Hope you get your FSDb download soon.
6. Install it. (but continue not to install any non-FSDb version you may get offered)
7. Activate FSDb on ti.
Thank you so much. The best explanation out there on how to get onto the beta

My 2 week old Model 3 is on build 2023.12.5

It's prompting me to install 2023.12.9 but I just noticed that FSDb is on 2023.12.10 on firmware tracker site.

How do I "skip" an update? Do I get to the 2023.12.10 and then subscribe or, subscribe first and then see if it goes to 2013.12.10

Thank you so much. The best explanation out there on how to get onto the beta

My 2 week old Model 3 is on build 2023.12.5

It's prompting me to install 2023.12.9 but I just noticed that FSDb is on 2023.12.10 on firmware tracker site.

How do I "skip" an update? Do I get to the 2023.12.10 and then subscribe or, subscribe first and then see if it goes to 2013.12.10
2023.12.9 would still be able to go to 2023.12.10 as it's a lower versioning number, but you can simply not install it if you wish.