Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Subscription Timing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We're going to add FSD to Tessie (see sig) via subscription. She has software V2023.27.12 [Correction V2023.44.1].
  1. If we order the subscription, will it be delivered immediately (in the past you had to play games with versions, etc.)?
  2. How does the beta signup work these days?
  3. Is the subscription per calendar month?
Thanks.

Last edited:
How do you have 23.27.12 if you’re not subscribed? That version has 11.4.8.1.

1. In your position you will just get it.

2. Non-existent. If you want to be on the original FSD branch you would typically delay updates until it’s offered.

3. Calendar day.

Reactions: PianoAl
Let's say I went ahead and ordered the subscription today, and it didn't install for forty days. Would I be charged for the FSD subscription even though I didn't have it?
Yes, because you get all of the "production" FSD features instantly. (Essentially EAP and stop sign/traffic light recognition and reaction.) It is just FSD Beta that you might not get right away.

• Informative
Reactions: PianoAl
Ah, got it. It will stop at a traffic light, but it won't make a turn to follow the route.*

One reason we're getting it on Tessie is the difference between the two cars. You get used to the car stopping for a stop sign (Nick) and then you drive Tessie and it doesn't. Surprise! So even though we drive Tessie infrequently, it's a safety issue. Plus, my wife, who drives Tessie most, wants it.

*It looks like "Auto steer on City streets" is now included in regular FSD.

Last edited:
Reactions: MP3Mike
no fsd software is associated with 2023.44.1
Seems like those sites need someone to manually label which version of FSD Beta is available. It should be 11.4.4 according to these pictures:

Note that when I ordered it, I immediately got FSDb:

20231208_100642.jpg

I thought that FSDb wasn't included in 2023.44.1. I took Tessie for a drive, and she does everything Nick does and has the ability to report problems when FSD is disengaged.

Last edited:
I can confirm that although Teslafi doesn’t show any FSD Beta version associated with 2024.8.4 (my version), I just subscribed to FSD and got FSD Beta 11.4.9.
No need to confirm since that is 100% normal and happens with every new release. it always takes a few days or longer before beta is added on their site. In a day or 2 it will say Beta 11.4.9 that same as all others.