Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Upgrade (April 2019)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Blame all those protestors. They complained about the price drop so much that Tesla had to please them.
Yes blame me all you want! BUT if Tesla would have given everyone the same price for an UNDELIVERED product, there would be no complaining. You can't screw people who give you support by taking advantage of that.... #deadhorse #dislikescommence

I guess no one here has ever chased any one of the myriad of pricing schemes advanced by most car companies both at the manufacturer level and the dealer level. Worse yet, you chase "a deal" portrayed in an ad only to find that that ONE car is now gone from the lot but you can still get a "special deal to meet month end quota" after the fifth trip back to the manager. This is not different. They're just telling you what they're doing instead of hiding it.

Looking at this article: Tesla (Enhanced) Autopilot vs. Full Self-Driving: What's the difference now?

I have EAP from a dec 2019 delivery. FSD was $2k for a week or so and now showing at $5k. Per this article and Elon's tweet, the price should be $2k.

Is this a glitch or you need to do this via phone to get that price?

The date on that article is March 2nd, and is no longer relevant. The price is whatever you see in your tesla account, and calling / contacting them will not get you a lower price.

I guess no one here has ever chased any one of the myriad of pricing schemes advanced by most car companies both at the manufacturer level and the dealer level. Worse yet, you chase "a deal" portrayed in an ad only to find that that ONE car is now gone from the lot but you can still get a "special deal to meet month end quota" after the fifth trip back to the manager. This is not different. They're just telling you what they're doing instead of hiding it.

Agree. I wanted to think Tesla was different than other car companies but they're really not.

What's worse is that traditional car companies have model years so you know that you are getting when you buy. You can either buy the new model year at a higher price or get massive discounts on the outgoing model. With Tesla, you never know, you could pay full price for the car only for them to introduce a massive improvement one week later with no notice.

What I don't understand is that FSD is the same price for people with AP as for EAP. With EAP you already have many features that FSD has.

Besides, FSD is an add-on to EAP when we ordered the car. We took EAP and waited for the FSD as is was only a couple of hundred dollars more after delivery. There was never a disclaimer that price could change like it is when you order the car now. We never opted-out of FSD, we just decided to take it as soon as features came availability after delivery. We agreed verbally to the price given after delivery. They should not charge us the THOUSANDS of dollars more now. This is jus bad faith..

What I don't understand is that FSD is the same price for people with AP as for EAP. With EAP you already have many features that FSD has.

Besides, FSD is an add-on to EAP when we ordered the car. We took EAP and waited for the FSD as is was only a couple of hundred dollars more after delivery. There was never a disclaimer that price could change like it is when you order the car now. We never opted-out of FSD, we just decided to take it as soon as features came availability after delivery. We agreed verbally to the price given after delivery. They should not charge us the THOUSANDS of dollars more now. This is jus bad faith..

There is no EAP anymore, and the "discussion" on this topic can be found all over this site, we dont need another thread with the same re hashed discussions.