Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Upgrade, yeah or nay?

FSD Upgrade, yeah or nay?

• Yes!

• No!

Results are only viewable after voting.
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
But the OP already purchased the old $5k EAP package. Paying another $5k is a bit much IMO. I think it's too early to pay $5k more and there is a chance prices may go down for EAP and early buyers to increase cash flow. At this time OP has all the "FSD" released features. I would say for a new car buying FSD is a no brainer. However once you factor in just how much money 2018 buyers spent it does not go in their favor anymore. I think Rock solid EAP features is all I would need until full level 4 autonomy is out. The merging and random reflection/shadows causing phantom braking needs to still be addressed. I think old buyers are a little more hesitant towards blindly giving more money at this time compared to any buyer who bought after the pricing changes. By the time FSD is really out it might be time to change to a new vehicle due to wear and tear and age making purchasing FSD now truly a gamble.

OP here . . . I see the $5,000 as the cost for the new computer, not necessarily for the software upgrades. I guess I should price out a new car compared to the car I bought and see what the difference is to find out if $5,000 is too expensive.

I paid CAD $6000 for Enhanced Autopilot when I bought the car in November 2018. LIke an idiot, I missed the chance to buy the FSD upgrade for $2600 in March and now it is $6600. I can't do it. $12,600 for something that now goes for $6600. It's robbery and has caused me to question Elon Musk and Tesla. I'm honestly thinking about selling my Model 3, which I otherwise love. This is betrayal of customer loyalty and terrible business ethics. If Tesla fails, it will be because of thinking like this. So tomorrow the price will increase by USD $1000, so likely to CAD $8000 or so. And my buyers remorse and anxiety will worsen.

I get that FSD is the future and that it comes with a hardware upgrade, etc. But it wasn't even offered when I bought EAP. This just sucks and it has made me regret buying a Tesla.

So no, I'm not doing it.

I paid CAD $6000 for Enhanced Autopilot when I bought the car in November 2018. LIke an idiot, I missed the chance to buy the FSD upgrade for $2600 in March and now it is $6600. I can't do it. $12,600 for something that now goes for $6600. It's robbery and has caused me to question Elon Musk and Tesla. I'm honestly thinking about selling my Model 3, which I otherwise love. This is betrayal of customer loyalty and terrible business ethics. If Tesla fails, it will be because of thinking like this. So tomorrow the price will increase by USD $1000, so likely to CAD $8000 or so. And my buyers remorse and anxiety will worsen.

I get that FSD is the future and that it comes with a hardware upgrade, etc. But it wasn't even offered when I bought EAP. This just sucks and it has made me regret buying a Tesla.

So no, I'm not doing it.

That can be a strong feeling. I once took a $35,000 USD loss on a house in less than 2 years. My Pixel 3 phone was $899 and a few months later it was $200 less and now, a few months later $200 less than that. I guess it is always a gamble in buying, I just hope what I bought comes to fruition and gives joy.