Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD V12 and robotaxi rollout poll

Has FSD V12 made you more bullish about a Tesla robotaxi trial in the next 3 years?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
More bullish, overall. I'm pretty impressed by initial V12 videos, especially it's handling of complex parking lot situations with pedestrians. That really feels like a huge step forward. V11 is just so bad at those kinds of complex human interactions. That said, from the initial reports V12 does have some regressions on speed control and other oddities.

That said, I still don't think a robotaxi trial is in the next three years. Maybe 4-6 or so? I'm assuming a trial would mean something like a geofenced, Tesla-operated trial somewhere in California or Nevada

More bullish for FSD Level 3 tech, but definitely not robotaxi levels of autonomy anytime soon. I think the lack of sensor redundancy is the biggest thing for me. No way I see these cars going around town completely unsupervised.

FSD need not only to pass the spouse approval factor test, the spouse needs to demand it be used. If it can't do this within six months, then the rate of improvement will not be sufficient to allow the system to converge to a driverless level.

It's all about rate of improvement. If you can't immediately discern better performance from one version to the next, then forget about FSD being anything beyond L2.

My car is 2 years old, and will keep it for another 5. Within that time frame, if FSD can let me take a nap on long highway drives between two service stations, I'd be ecstatic.

I don't think FSD can do robotaxi on my hardware, regardless of time frame. Of course, I'd be just as ecstatic if Tesla can prove me wrong.

Reactions: DanCar
You would think as old as I am, I would have seen enough snake-oil salesmen to recognize them and be cautious. But apparently not the case. I fell for it hook, line and sinker. Went all in with my investments and got a model YLR, fully believing in FSD, robotaxi, service, (with a fleet of rangers) and the whole 9 yards. After trying to drive the Y for nearly two years with it steadily doing worse and worse with every update, I'm finally willing to accept that it's time for me to cut my losses and get a vehicle that is safe to drive.

You would think as old as I am, I would have seen enough snake-oil salesmen to recognize them and be cautious. But apparently not the case. I fell for it hook, line and sinker. Went all in with my investments and got a model YLR, fully believing in FSD, robotaxi, service, (with a fleet of rangers) and the whole 9 yards. After trying to drive the Y for nearly two years with it steadily doing worse and worse with every update, I'm finally willing to accept that it's time for me to cut my losses and get a vehicle that is safe to drive.
Do you remember the snake oil peddler saying, only a few months back, that FSD v12 will not be a beta release, but full FSD production release - ending the FSD beta program? I do…. Never believed a word that comes out of that Charlatan’s mouth. Moving on…

Reactions: DanCar