Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Visualizations!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you guys think the garbage can recognition is some sort of tongue-in-cheek? It seems odd to include them right now...

Perhaps they're including them as a display of their progress on FSD? (look how far we are, we can even do trash bins!)

Reactions: APotatoGod
Do you guys think the garbage can recognition is some sort of tongue-in-cheek? It seems odd to include them right now...

Perhaps they're including them as a display of their progress on FSD? (look how far we are, we can even do trash bins!)

I actually think it's quite practical. When I'm on Autopilot currently, trash cans in the street are one of the most common obstacles that it doesn't really know how to handle. If they're too far out in the road the car will just stop. Now it'll know what they are and that they can just maneuver around them.

trash cans are always on the side of streets or possibly in the middle of them. I think it’s very practical to be able to detect them.

I received this update on my 2020 Model S I got this week. I realize it’s a preview but I have 20/20 vision and the light colors are pretty small to see on the display. You really have to move close to the screen to determine the color of them. As long as the computer can read them, that’s all that matters. Maybe they are easier to see on the M3. I don’t have FSD.

Reactions: APotatoGod
I'm pretty underwhelmed, it missed 6 out of 8 traffic lights driving today. This doesn't seem to be anywhere close to even approaching FSD usability and more importantly safety.
Next time you drive the same way, check whether the same lights are missed.

Wondering whether traffic light recognition is still map based.

OTOH, stop sign is not map based. There is a video on YouTube with a made up stop light someone is holding in the driveway that the car recognizes.

• Informative
Reactions: strangecosmos2
Next time you drive the same way, check whether the same lights are missed.

Wondering whether traffic light recognition is still map based.

OTOH, stop sign is not map based. There is a video on YouTube with a made up stop light someone is holding in the driveway that the car recognizes.

Pretty sure it's not map based, unless someone made a rather foolish map. The car popped up every one of the green lane arrows in the baltimore harbor tunnels as a traffic light.

Pretty sure it's not map based, unless someone made a rather foolish map. The car popped up every one of the green lane arrows in the baltimore harbor tunnels as a traffic light.
Interesting. @verygreen had earlier discussed how traffic lights seem to be using metadata in the maps - Musk had also mentioned that as the fall back option. May be they have gone to fully image based traffic lights now.