Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD tweets

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
  • Informative
Reactions: mgs333
From page 8 of the investor deck: https://digitalassets.tesla.com/tesla-contents/image/upload/IR/TSLA-Q1-2024-Update.pdf
1713938627191.png

• Informative
Reactions: Silicon Desert
As has been pointed out, note that in this plot, FSD v12 miles are mostly not v12 miles.

Of course this should be fairly evident to most.

You can see the big inflections, caused by single stack and by the wider rollout of single stack.

Interesting though - they will now be incentivized to keep this trajectory from flattening. To me that suggests they will need to make sure FSD is continued to be used widely on the freeways, at a minimum.

It’ll be interesting to see how they can accomplish that.

Last edited:
Reactions: DanCar
As has been pointed out, note that in this plot, FSD v12 miles are mostly not v12 miles.

Of course this should be fairly evident to most.

You can see the big inflections, caused by single stack and by the wider rollout of single stack.

Interesting though - they will now be incentivized to keep this trajectory from flattening. To me that suggests they will need to make sure FSD is continued to be used widely on the freeways, at a minimum.

It’ll be interesting to see how they can accomplish that.
Because most are highway miles and that is running V11 stack.

Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
Because most are highway miles and that is running V11 stack.
Yes. I included the link to the detailed explanation now.

The far more intriguing question now is how they will keep this misleading graph growing at the same or higher rate.

It’s actually super exciting. It does suggest the end of AP on HW3/HW4 is very close, or there will be indefinite length free trials of FSD until such time.

The OEMs do have Mobileye who tells them it is easy peasy. Seems to me Mobileye has better reputation than Tesla FSD claims which have been wrong since 2016 every year.

Quoting Elon from March 2022: They have no idea how hard FSD is. Only path to success imo is hardcore real-world AI software with dedicated NN inference acceleration ASICs in car, multibillion dollar NN training supercluster and 10+ billion miles of vehicle data.

Distributions to 12.3.5 showing up on TeslaFi:

Omar receives 12.3.5:

I was thinking this is a bunch of crap when I saw it. BUT, yesterday I took the wife to the doctor for routine checkup and then to a restaurant for lunch and finally back home. I used FSDB for all 3 legs of the trip; a combination of interstate (I80), transferring to I580, off onto surface streets and actually in and out of the parking lots. I was in shock at how well it did. No interventions which I was expecting when we went through a 2 mile stretch of construction to widen out a highway. There were smooth transitions on lane changes, no wheel jerking, and finally navigated the local roundabouts without wanting to jump in front of merging cars.

Yes, I guess there might still be places where it could go nuts, yet on out 34-mile round trip yesterday, it handled everything surprisingly well. After years of using this thing, I've never been so impressed. Yup, your mileage will vary. Oh yes, and this was done on our 2023 MY. My older MX, not so good.

Reactions: JB47394 and DanCar