TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

FSD; what exactly comes with it?

Discussion in 'Model X' started by bcdavis75, Mar 15, 2019.

1. bcdavis75

bcdavis75 Member

Hey all. So I've got a mid 2017 X with AP 2.0. The outcome of the most recent bit of chaos is that FSD is available to me for 2k in mytesla account.

It's pretty tempting in and of it's self. I thought I had read that having FSD also gets you upgraded to AP 3.0 when available. Is that actually true? I think that would push me over the eds... With 2.0 I can't even get the dashcam feature.

Thanks!

2. Sandiegodoug

Sandiegodoug Member

I also have mid year 17 x
    Fsd supposed to recognize stop signs and stop lights by years end. I bought with the hope I will get new computer in a year and all the latest features Tesla dreams up.

3. rking0122

rking0122 Member

All of the communication from Tesla on this is that yes, we will get the HW3 computer. Maybe or maybe not upgraded cameras/sensors. 2.0 and 2.5 have a slightly different camera/sensor suite.

4. Brave Ulysses

Brave Ulysses Member

There has only been semi vague statements on twitter from Elon. Nothing official from Tesla.

• Like x 1
  5. rking0122

rking0122 Member

Depends on what “official” means I guess but you can add on statements in investor calls as well as chats with Tesla online, too.

At this point if they don’t the literal *sugar* storm they’d suffer would be deadly. 2FFFD2F3-B4C6-48C4-8F10-50C89B2EA912.jpeg

6. dethman

dethman Member

All sorts of stuff except any semblance of 'full self driving.'

7. Brave Ulysses

Brave Ulysses Member

If a free hardware upgrade was definitely included it would say so as it would definitely entice buyers and Tesla is all about scraping every dollar of revenue they can right now. But it doesn’t say so, and I think that speaks volumes.

8. MrTeaUSA

MrTeaUSA Member

I don't think FSD will be her by end of this year or next year. Human interaction on the drive seat will be needed. It just a gimmick for you to pay more for it now. But it good to lock down the price before goes up in the future as long you plan to keep the car for a while.

9. ek993

ek993 Member

It’s pretty obvious that any new features are going to be released for FSD and there won’t be any new capabilities for AP beyond what it already does. You can see this from the separation that has already happened - NoAP was EAP and is a feature you can use today - but you need FSD if you are a new customer and want to use it.

Anyone that doesn’t upgrade from EAP will be left trailing with new features