Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD; what exactly comes with it?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all. So I've got a mid 2017 X with AP 2.0. The outcome of the most recent bit of chaos is that FSD is available to me for 2k in mytesla account.

It's pretty tempting in and of it's self. I thought I had read that having FSD also gets you upgraded to AP 3.0 when available. Is that actually true? I think that would push me over the eds... With 2.0 I can't even get the dashcam feature.

Thanks!

Depends on what “official” means I guess but you can add on statements in investor calls as well as chats with Tesla online, too.

At this point if they don’t the literal *sugar* storm they’d suffer would be deadly.
2FFFD2F3-B4C6-48C4-8F10-50C89B2EA912.jpeg

Depends on what “official” means I guess but you can add on statements in investor calls as well as chats with Tesla online, too.

At this point if they don’t the literal *sugar* storm they’d suffer would be deadly.View attachment 386885

If a free hardware upgrade was definitely included it would say so as it would definitely entice buyers and Tesla is all about scraping every dollar of revenue they can right now. But it doesn’t say so, and I think that speaks volumes.

I don't think FSD will be her by end of this year or next year. Human interaction on the drive seat will be needed. It just a gimmick for you to pay more for it now. But it good to lock down the price before goes up in the future as long you plan to keep the car for a while.

It’s pretty obvious that any new features are going to be released for FSD and there won’t be any new capabilities for AP beyond what it already does. You can see this from the separation that has already happened - NoAP was EAP and is a feature you can use today - but you need FSD if you are a new customer and want to use it.

Anyone that doesn’t upgrade from EAP will be left trailing with new features