Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FT. Lauderdale to Denver

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just had the opportunity to "help" out a friend who bought a MYP. I have been on road trips before in my own Tesla (Den-Phx, Den-Detroit, Den-LV) but never this far and long. I must say, Tesla road trips are sooooooo relaxing. Chargers work (though some are slower than others), quick stops normally, and overall a smooth ride. I cant wait until V3 are all over ( definitely would cut time down at least 25-30%. Left Friday afternoon and got into Den Sun around noon. (stopped in ATL, and Salina). I feel like a road trip king now and have all the answers to questions. I would encourage to take just ONE long trip like that and appreciate what Tesla is doing.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    224.3 KB · Views: 109
I 100% agree. I've driven my MYLR from Colorado to Maine to South Carolina and so many points in the middle. This is a map of all the places I've charged my car, including everything supercharging all the way down to a 15A outlet. Road tripping in an EV is easy.

1664922378528.png

Reactions: JamesEarl15
@LoudMusic and @JamesEarl15 ,

Check out the friendly little contest going on over in this Supercharging forum thread, Superchargers Visited.

Some folks smarter than me have built a nice tool for tracking which superchargers you have used. Doesn't do CSS, Level 2, or the rest like LoudMusic's solution can, but for superchargers, it is extremely easy and helpful. You don't have to be hyper-competitive to participate; I'm just in it for fun.

Check out the friendly little contest going on over in this Supercharging forum thread, Superchargers Visited.

Some folks smarter than me have built a nice tool for tracking which superchargers you have used. Doesn't do CSS, Level 2, or the rest like LoudMusic's solution can, but for superchargers, it is extremely easy and helpful. You don't have to be hyper-competitive to participate; I'm just in it for fun.

Oh I'm already there! ;) 113 superchargers and counting.

Reactions: vanjwilson

I will definitely go there and check it out.

With Teslafi you can create road trips and capture all the data in that trip including the map.
You can also look at the lifetime maps as well.

Road trip is the best way to enjoy all the benefits that Tesla offers. Our 2018 MX has over 79K miles.
Unfortunately, we're up for a battery replacement but it sure has been fun doing these trips.
1665082511170.png

1665082608322.png

With Teslafi you can create road trips and capture all the data in that trip including the map.
You can also look at the lifetime maps as well.

Road trip is the best way to enjoy all the benefits that Tesla offers. Our 2018 MX has over 79K miles.
Unfortunately, we're up for a battery replacement but it sure has been fun doing these trips
@Darmie: What has happened to your battery? I have a 2016 with over 155,000 and I am no
where near a battery replacement.

@Darmie: What has happened to your battery? I have a 2016 with over 155,000 and I am no
where near a battery replacement.
Thanks for asking. We knew it wasn't the 12V or felt that it wasn't due to being replaced in July. That Monday morning Tesla did advise us that the HV battery was bad. I'm not an expert nor a Tesla Technician but I feel it may had been misdiagnosed. You see, these codes were time stamped 3 to 5 in the morning. It was cool that morning, much colder than it has been. Most research here on TMC I found these codes pointed to a battery heater circuit malfunctioning. There were others that had a HV battery replaced and some had a corroded bolt but for the most part it was the battery heater that was replaced. We were not driving the car nor were we charging it. If you believe in Teslafi, we do have approx. 11pct battery degradation but that could be just how the BMS reports it. I know we're in for a wait and I'm ok with that. We worked with the local Service center and they did give Karen a loaner. We took the rental back Sunday. (Road trip 500mile day.) She has a red 2018 Model 3. She was saying on the way home that day that it drives different. When she heard the wheels chirp she was telling me, you need to check the tires. When we got home tires looked good and was aired up just fine. Once I took it for a drive, a smile came over my face and I said, I know what your problem is. Its a RWD and sure enough it does drive different and when you get on it, you can hear the rear tires chirping ever so slightly when you hit a small bump. I'm kind of digging it but I don't need another tesla right now. We've had loaner Model 3's before and I've driven them many times but, there's something about the RWD that makes it really fun to drive.

1665597967246.png

My apologies for the hijack.

Thanks for asking. We knew it wasn't the 12V or felt that it wasn't due to being replaced in July. That Monday morning Tesla did advise us that the HV battery was bad. I'm not an expert nor a Tesla Technician but I feel it may had been misdiagnosed. You see, these codes were time stamped 3 to 5 in the morning. It was cool that morning, much colder than it has been. Most research here on TMC I found these codes pointed to a battery heater circuit malfunctioning. There were others that had a HV battery replaced and some had a corroded bolt but for the most part it was the battery heater that was replaced. We were not driving the car nor were we charging it. If you believe in Teslafi, we do have approx. 11pct battery degradation but that could be just how the BMS reports it. I know we're in for a wait and I'm ok with that.
The faulty battery circuit heater shut down my 2016 90D. Once that and the 12v battery replaced all has been normal (over two years). I don't have quite 11% battery; more like shy of 10%. Still not sure why HV battery replacement is necessary in your car.