Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fubar'd 17.14.30 Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I fubar'd an update from 17.14.28 to 17.14.30 this past Wednesday by (I think) attempting to use the car when I saw the firmware update finished message on the center console. However, the console was unresponsive when I tried to use it and the brake pedal kicked back strongly when attempting to power on the vehicle. Since then, AP functions have not been available on my vehicle and I'm concerned that AEB and other functions may not be operating as well. They are all enabled in settings.

My question is for others who have had a failed firmware update. I called Customer Support/Roadside Assistance Wednesday evening and they logged an issue for service. The car reports that it has 17.14.30 on the center console but Tesla is seeing it reported as 17.14.28. I didn't receive a call-back or update so I contacted a service center yesterday who said they'd look through the logs and get back, which they haven't yet. This seems like it would be a pretty quick fix (e.g. push out the update again). I'm a bit uncomfortable operating the car in this state. Is there a need to be concerned and are there any tips on how I would get this addressed sooner?

Thanks!

I fubar'd an update from 17.14.28 to 17.14.30 this past Wednesday by (I think) attempting to use the car when I saw the firmware update finished message on the center console. However, the console was unresponsive when I tried to use it and the brake pedal kicked back strongly when attempting to power on the vehicle. Since then, AP functions have not been available on my vehicle and I'm concerned that AEB and other functions may not be operating as well. They are all enabled in settings.

My question is for others who have had a failed firmware update. I called Customer Support/Roadside Assistance Wednesday evening and they logged an issue for service. The car reports that it has 17.14.30 on the center console but Tesla is seeing it reported as 17.14.28. I didn't receive a call-back or update so I contacted a service center yesterday who said they'd look through the logs and get back, which they haven't yet. This seems like it would be a pretty quick fix (e.g. push out the update again). I'm a bit uncomfortable operating the car in this state. Is there a need to be concerned and are there any tips on how I would get this addressed sooner?

Thanks!
Maybe you mis-typed the version, .14 rather than .24

Also, did you let the install go & finish, until getting mobile app saying so, or just console said so? Mobile App shows which version?
what.jpg

Reactions: Hsuester
Maybe you mis-typed the version, .14 rather than .24

Also, did you let the install go & finish, until getting mobile app saying so, or just console said so? Mobile App shows which version?
View attachment 233602
Good catch--I meant 17.24.28 to 17.24.30. I did let the install complete. The mobile app and center console both say that the car is running 17.24.30. Tesla support sees the car reporting 17.24.28. They put in a request to my service center to check the logs on Wed that I'm still waiting on. I guess there'll be no AP for this long weekend--doh!

Yeah, SC should be able to tell you the full story... though, some people have noted that after the .28 update and subsequent .30 hotmfix, they have observe that AP would be unavailable for hundreds of mile then come back and then randomly disappear....

Reactions: hill