Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

full HD smartphone mirroing plus 4 camera inputs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part.
That's a rooted car. Many people on here would pay for root, but that would definitely void your warranty, be at risk of losing it at any time on a firmware update, and come with all sorts of risks letting this company run random code on your car.

If they're going that way Tesla would likely sue them in to oblivion anyway.

That's a rooted car. Many people on here would pay for root, but that would definitely void your warranty, be at risk of losing it at any time on a firmware update, and come with all sorts of risks letting this company run random code on your car.

If they're going that way Tesla would likely sue them in to oblivion anyway.
Yep, just ask wk057.

Tesla hasn't sued wk057, however if someone was commercializing a product that involved root, you can be sure that they'd do absolutely everything in their power to take them down.
According to his blog he has been shut down from getting OTA updates. I also recall they got on his car remotely and downgraded his firmware after the "P100D" reveal incident. But I'm agreeing with you, they don't like rooting and modifying the software. One could argue they have reason to feel that way but that's a different thing.

I figured out the way to do this. Tesla uses a TI proprietary chip to encode the camera video on LVDS. It would take a large quantity commitment to spin a board and get the chips economically. It's on my list of things to do, but other priorities exist for now.