Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

full HD smartphone mirroing plus 4 camera inputs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
would you pay $599 for the following product?

1. full HD smartphone mirroring plus 4 camera inputs
2. front camera input automatic after reverse and stay on the screen up to 10mp/h
3. rear camera input
4. side left and right lane watch camera inputs

It's not clear on your post. If they all display on the Tesla 17" touchscreen., I'd buy it in a flash. If some other device no for sure. The latter would a waste of money.

Is this just an idea or is there a functioning product that does these things? I ask because no one, and I mean no one, has succeeded in finding a way to make the touch screen show external displays via direct inputs. If it's just an idea, good luck. You'll be a miracle worker to make this work, unless there's some gimmick here that puts some web interface or the like between the image sources and the touchscreen.

Last edited:
OP's device is probably a HDMI switch to the LVDS input on the CID. This means you choose the reverse camera and your phone output is shown in that window (half screen only). There is no easy way to intercept the touch inputs and redirect them to a phone. Anything beyond this would require extensive hacking.

• Informative
Reactions: William3 and gsxdsm
Telsa is on the right track, But I think there are a few small things that need attention. I would pay for a 360 camera view system as in other high end cars and a better comfort setting that feels like a high end car. Tesla has made a huge mark in the car industry and I do believe Tesla will keep improving as time goes on.....