Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Imfamouns Tire Wear Solution!! (2021+ Model S LR/ Plaid ) w/ EVPE shims

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So for optimal camber for cornering and tire wear it should be something similar to: Front: +1, Rear +1.5?
Optimal camber for cornering and tire wear is going to depend on your driving style (how fast you go around corners). Personally, I check tire wear at the end of the summer when I swap to winter tires and adjust alignment if it looks like my tires aren't wearing evenly.

Optimal camber for cornering and tire wear is going to depend on your driving style (how fast you go around corners). Personally, I check tire wear at the end of the summer when I swap to winter tires and adjust alignment if it looks like my tires aren't wearing evenly.
This!
If you commute on the highways and never push your car in the corners you need far less camber than someone who is attacking backroads on a regular basis. Optimum wear vs alignment settings is very user dependent.

This!
If you commute on the highways and never push your car in the corners you need far less camber than someone who is attacking backroads on a regular basis. Optimum wear vs alignment settings is very user dependent.
@Secret-EV . With the guidelines in this quote and with me stating that I drive 'grocery getter' style 80%-85% of the time but do like to drive spirited (hard cornering and aggressive acceleration) 15%-20% of the time, do you still recommend red/stealth shims or shift to silver recommendation? I know I will lose some cornering grip/improving tire wear by reducing camber but don't want to lose a large % of cornering grip.

Last edited:
@Secret-EV . With the guidelines in this quote and with me stating that I drive 'grocery getter' style 80%-85% of the time but do like to drive spirited (hard cornering and aggressive acceleration) 15%-20% of the time, do you still recommend red/stealth shims or shift to silver recommendation? I know I will lose some cornering grip/improving tire wear by reducing camber but don't want to lose a large % of cornering grip.

Alignment can be pretty complicated based on the car, tire, track conditions, etc.

Generally, if you are talking about cornering ability, front camber will be more important. With the factory front camber at around -1 to -1.2 degrees, the cornering ability is limited. In other words, if you apply more negative camber on the rear with wider rear tires, all you will experience is understeer. (Front loss grip before the rear)

You will see most track alignments run more negative camber on the front to increase cornering traction and a bit less camber on the rear compared to the front to increase forward grip.

We don't believe that going with thicker shims will reduce cornering grip off the factroy setting. In fact, we think it will actually make the car feel more balanced for corner and better straight line performance.

Alignment can be pretty complicated based on the car, tire, track conditions, etc.

Generally, if you are talking about cornering ability, front camber will be more important. With the factory front camber at around -1 to -1.2 degrees, the cornering ability is limited. In other words, if you apply more negative camber on the rear with wider rear tires, all you will experience is understeer. (Front loss grip before the rear)

You will see most track alignments run more negative camber on the front to increase cornering traction and a bit less camber on the rear compared to the front to increase forward grip.

We don't believe that going with thicker shims will reduce cornering grip off the factroy setting. In fact, we think it will actually make the car feel more balanced for corner and better straight line performance.
Ok, Good to know. I was doing some spirited driving through some long sweepers a few days ago and the car did not feel as planted as I was expecting. I know this is a big heavy SUV but it just felt like it had more it could give but something in the setup seemed off.

I would agree that typically more negative camber in the front is beneficial. However, I would disagree that thicker shims/less negative camber in the rear would not reduce cornering grip. No OEM or Tesla will say "this car needs more understeer/oversteer" and use the degree of negative camber to tune the feel. The reason is that you are sacrificing peak lateral g (read "grip") and tire wear. How much negative camber you need depends on driving style, tires, road conditions, and spring/suspension stiffness just to name a few. Realize there are much better ways to tune the balance of the MS or any car for that matter.