Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Imfamouns Tire Wear Solution!! (2021+ Model S LR/ Plaid ) w/ EVPE shims

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It bothers me to see all these X owners installing silver shims. I think the X needs a thicker shim than the S so every X (not lowered) which runs primarily in low, should be doing red. Even N2itive recommends -0.50° to -0.65° rear camber and you'd be lucky to get to -1.65° with silver at low setting. If you've lowered your X, you need even more than the red.

We do recommened Red/Stealth Grey Thicker shims for all Model X Owner.
Just ordered today. Where do they ship from? I am in Texas.

Thanks for your order. Shims will be ship out from CA via USPS priority.

Due to numerous requests for a stealth finish on our thicker shims, we have developed a new color called Stealth Grey.

These will come with the extended bolt, just like the red shims.

Stealth Grey is now available for order and will ship between June 13th and 16th.

IMG_6035.jpeg

Last edited:
Due to numerous requests for a stealth finish on our thicker shims, we have developed a new color called Stealth Grey.

These will come with the extended bolt, just like the red shims.

Stealth Grey is now available for order and will ship between June 13th and 16th.

View attachment 1055280

When are you going to sell thicker shims for lowered X's? I currently have 9mm of shims and my rear camber is only -1°. I'm near max lowered in the rear, but always run at "low".

When are you going to sell thicker shims for lowered X's? I currently have 9mm of shims and my rear camber is only -1°. I'm near max lowered in the rear, but always run at "low".

We have observed that the red shims has work effectively in eliminating tire wear. We believe there is no need to make them thicker, as going thicker could starting to reduce the cornering ability.

-1.0 degree rear camber provides the perfect balance between handling and tire wear. When combined with proper toe settings, the tires should wear very evenly.

• Helpful
Reactions: NJturtlePower
First batch of stealth grey sold out within 2 days! Thanks for all of your support.

New batch arrived today and it's ready to ship!

448299853_1185068076252456_8189252600047783767_n.jpg

Reactions: NJturtlePower
Ok, so I see the comments from towndrunk that even regular setups for people not lowering their cars and driving regularly at the 'low' default setting should use the reds (or stealth gray). I currently have 15K miles on my car and I am just barely seeing a difference in inner and outer tire wear so I am assuming my camber is not that far off. Would the official recommendation be for me to get the silver or red/stealth gray shims? I wont be tracking my car or anything like that. I generally drive like a boring middle aged guy with occasional spirited speed and cornering, etc.

Ok, so I see the comments from towndrunk that even regular setups for people not lowering their cars and driving regularly at the 'low' default setting should use the reds (or stealth gray). I currently have 15K miles on my car and I am just barely seeing a difference in inner and outer tire wear so I am assuming my camber is not that far off. Would the official recommendation be for me to get the silver or red/stealth gray shims? I wont be tracking my car or anything like that. I generally drive like a boring middle aged guy with occasional spirited speed and cornering, etc.

Not all owners have the tire wear issue, but even if you haven't noticed or did not have the issue, it can be a peace-of-mind upgrade that costs less than a single tire replacement. Besides providing more even tire wear, it also offers more tire contact surface with the ground, which helps with traction during launches.

I would suggest red/stealth shims.

My humble rec would be get an alignment if you haven't already. Arm yourself with data and go from there. Why chase after a solution for a prob you may well not have? gl!

IMO, even for a daily driven car you wouldn't want anything less than -1.0. I'm around -1.5-1.7 on my MSP with silver shims. On my weekend/autocross car I run closer to -2.0+

I don't race or motorcross, but do an occasional launch to entertain friends. Please explain your reasoning.

N2itive recommends:
Front Camber: -0.3° to -1.2°
Rear Camber: -0.50° to -0.65°

I'm at -1.4° front and -1° rear, primarily because my tech was lazy and only adjusted toe on front.

Last edited:
Will you be doing these for the pre 2021 refresh Model S? Thanks.

Design is different on the pre-refresh. Adjustable camber arm is needed.

Reactions: Fragger
I don't race or motorcross, but do an occasional launch to entertain friends. Please explain your reasoning.

N2itive recommends:
Front Camber: -0.3° to -1.2°
Rear Camber: -0.50° to -0.65°

I'm at -1.4° front and -1° rear, primarily because my tech was lazy and only adjusted toe on front.

Because that is static, during cornering your car will gain camber. With so little neg camber you're reducing cornering grip.

Design is different on the pre-refresh. Adjustable camber arm is needed.

Thanks! Was hoping for a much needed cheaper solution. The N2itive arms kit is very expensive and with installation it's around $2500 around me! Was really hoping a more reasonable solution like this would work!

Appreciate your help and time.