Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Full Self-Driving Capability Is $8,000

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
DB1AE8D7-4C99-4BA0-BB27-5EEEB9AB1C87.png I just configured a Model 3 and when you click on Full Self-Driving for $5,000, the website adds the $3,000 autopilot option too. So I am wondering what new features we are entitled to with our original $5,000 purchase???

View attachment 381655 I just configured a Model 3 and when you click on Full Self-Driving for $5,000, the website adds the $3,000 autopilot option too. So I am wondering what new features we are entitled to with our original $5,000 purchase???

This has already been covered ad nauseum. If you already have EAP, you get to have summon, autopark, and nav on autopilot. If you buy a car today and don't get FSD, you don't get those features.

Basically, purchasers today are supposedly getting something for their 8k in the form of auto park, Summon, and nav on AP.

EAP purchasers got all the features currently available and their additional 3k (if they paid for it) is still vaporware.

There are at least two categories of current users:
1. Those who paid for FSD (for $3,000, most likely, before delivery; I assume a very limited number of buyers bought it after delivery);
2. Those who paid for EAD only.

#1 already paid at least $3,000 for FSD, which means giving it even for this amount to #2 would be unfair. Tesla should either refund #1 and sell FSD for #2, or sell FSD for #2 for > $3,000. Now, they were already promised FSD for #2 for $5,000 post-delivery. To make them purchase FSD now instead of waiting until it is available, they should be incentivized by a discount, so basically to offer FSD to them for a limited time for, say, $4,000.

Now, did anyone noticed this in their tesla.com accounts (I'm in #2 category)? Unless it is done by mistake, maybe Tesla decided to refund/discount original FSD purchase and discount it for current EAP users down to $3,000. That would be great!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-02-28 at 9.56.33 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-02-28 at 9.56.33 PM.png
    403.4 KB · Views: 61
To add to the post above. EM mentioned that instead of optimizing software running on current (slower) hardware, it makes sense to optimize hardware (HW 3.0), and let software team focus on it. So it would make sense to only focus on advanced features for HW 3.0, and freeze/stop further advancements for Auto-pilot users. And to avoid the issues with EAP users frustrated that they are not getting enough features, Tesla should move them to HW 3.0 by giving them a discount, and keep just two classes of users: a. Simple Auto-pilot ones; b. FSD. This makes sense to me, so hopefully Tesla will use the same thinking!

#1 already paid at least $3,000 for FSD, which means giving it even for this amount to #2 would be unfair.

I was going to disagree with you but I just realized that if existing EAP users can buy FSD now for $3,000, they wouldn't pay any penalty for enabling it after delivery. Therefore the story is still developing and I guess we will find out.

Reactions: Kant.Ing
I was going to disagree with you but I just realized that if existing EAP users can buy FSD now for $3,000, they wouldn't pay any penalty for enabling it after delivery. Therefore the story is still developing and I guess we will find out.

It is not just that. Someone who paid for FSD pre-delivery may feel cheated because of paying the same amount for FSD at an earlier date, so it should be a difference price-wise between #1 and #2. Waiving post-delivery penalty for EAP is smaller issue here IMHO.

Reactions: kbecks13
It is not just that. Someone who paid for FSD pre-delivery may feel cheated because of paying the same amount for FSD at an earlier date, so it should be a difference price-wise between #1 and #2. Waiving post-delivery penalty for EAP is smaller issue here IMHO.

I feel cheated for having to pay a heck of a lot more for the same car that’s $7500 less today.

Who cares about the “same” $3000 amount for FSD

• Informative
Reactions: Elmexiken
At least you have used it for some time, so there is that. It is 'the newest iPhone' problem )
iPhones don’t drop in price. No matter how all you Tesla cult worshippers say. It’s F ed up that the prices dropped so drastically that not even the tax credit can make up for it.

I’m sure lots of people who over paid for their car feel the same. I will not support Tesla in the future. Too much sour taste in my mouth. Month after month.

iPhones don’t drop in price. No matter how all you Tesla cult worshippers say. It’s F ed up that the prices dropped so drastically that not even the tax credit can make up for it.

I’m sure lots of people who over paid for their car feel the same. I will not support Tesla in the future. Too much sour taste in my mouth. Month after month.

Enjoy your Polestar?

D7F123C4-C549-4979-A76A-6B8D2D663F8F.jpeg

Reactions: bhzmark