Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Full self driving sales question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi ,

I was looking to upgrade from autopilot to full self driving. I’ve got half of the cost saved in cash and was going to pay the other half on the credit card.

I would assume the sales side of the service centres are closed I've tried calling the customer service team at west Drayton but they’ve said they will only take one card and payment via the app.

Does anyone had any experience of this or how to get around it?

What I would do is pay the entire cost of FSD with a high cash back Credit card such as the Apple Card that offers 2% if you use ApplePay, and then pay whatever amount I have in cash to the credit card right away.

Reactions: PrGrPa
Hi ,

I was looking to upgrade from autopilot to full self driving. I’ve got half of the cost saved in cash and was going to pay the other half on the credit card.

I would assume the sales side of the service centres are closed I've tried calling the customer service team at west Drayton but they’ve said they will only take one card and payment via the app.

Does anyone had any experience of this or how to get around it?
Assuming that full payment is beyond your credit limit, talk to card provider and explain the circumstances. You may be able to transfer your cash to your card and make a single payment.

Reactions: bobby g
Wait a few weeks for it to come out in subscription, and invest the cash until you can pay it off? Or if you are desperate. take out a loan with no early payment fees and then pay off half? it'll cost you much less in interest that way

Last edited:
Reactions: house9
Pay the cash into your credit card, putting it into a credit balance. Then use the card to purchase the FSD.

bear in mind that some (all?) credit cards may work the charges out on the value of the total payment, even when you've paid some off.

Wait a few weeks for it to come out in subscription, and invest the cash until you can pay it off?

This ^

All the signs are of FSD subscription becoming available possibly as early as this month.

FSD Subscription to start February 2021

Personally I think its probably the wrong time to purchase 'outright' due to the level of uncertainty (not that FSD is ever certain) of what additional options may soon be available.

Who knows, EAP (ie 90% of what FSD currently offers for 50% of the cost) may even become a thing again.

Last edited:
Reactions: PrGrPa