Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fully upgraded 2017 S not showing FSD Visualization

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Greetings

i just received FSD (Yay!) but don’t have the amazing MCU visualizations that everyone else posts. I have HW3 and MCU2 but all I can see are a tiny visualization above the steering column and the usual map on the (vertical) MCU screen. Am I missing something?

7055C89C-142D-49F9-ADD5-1C3C5A05C59B.jpeg

a tiny visualization above the steering column and the usual map on the (vertical) MCU screen. Am I missing something?
No.
The visualization shows up on a car's instrument panel. Some cars' instrument panels are not right in front of the driver and behind the steering wheel, so you see it on the only screen, the horizontal central display.

Since your car has its own instrument panel display behind the wheel, so you don't have it on the central screen.

Looks correct to me.
there is an option for “full screen” visualization. It seems to just widen the view a little to the left and right but doesn’t really seem to be helpful.
in fact when I do that it drops my music and energy off the sides and doesn’t always come back on its own.

No.
The visualization shows up on a car's instrument panel. Some cars' instrument panels are not right in front of the driver and behind the steering wheel, so you see it on the only screen, the horizontal central display.

Since your car has its own instrument panel display behind the wheel, so you don't have it on the central screen.
Looks correct to me.
there is an option for “full screen” visualization. It seems to just widen the view a little to the left and right but doesn’t really seem to be helpful.
in fact when I do that it drops my music and energy off the sides and doesn’t always come back on its own.
I can’t find the option for “full screen “ — was that dropped for old model S in the current software iteration?

From the image above, what you see on the screen is correct based the outside view on the same image. You're driving on a two lane road, with one vehicle in front and it's full screen (ie full screen on the IC, there's no MCU support for the visualization on legacy Model S/X).

Can you drive to a city where you have parked cars on the road, road markers, street lights, stop signs, and speed bumps and take another photo of both the IC and your actual surroundings. Let's see what FSD 10.8 shows on your IC in that scenario.