Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Funny story re: red light racing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jury laughs.
Judge cracks the gavel. "Order! Order in the court!"
Prosecutor: "Apparently the death of a three-year-old is some kind of joke to you?"
Me "No joke sir, just that I have no part in this unfortunate case. I was going about my business driving in my car, that is itself more responsive than the defendant's vehicle. I at no time broke the speed limit on the road but I can only assume the defendant was trying to coax a race out of me and I wasn't having it. He lost control of his car due to his recklessness and caused this terrible accident.

Judge "The WITNESS may leave the stand"

This morning on the way into work, I pull up to the red light first in line, and next to me is a GLC AMG 63 V8 Biturbo popping and crackling and loaded for bear. Light turns green and I proceed normally in my new LR3 - and normal for me is a little quick but nothing near full throttle (do we still call it that?). Anyways, the Benz decides this is the SLC Summer Nationals and is giving it everything he's got - engine roaring and crackling. Except he doesn't catch me, and the light on the next block turns red and we're right back where we were. Next time the light turns green, I give him a closer view of what the LR can do, and try as he may he can't close the gap.

A few blocks down the road, and yet another red (my drive to work is so fun!) a Hyundai pulls up next to me and gestures me to roll down the window. She says "did that Mercedes try racing you?". I nod. She says: "even I know that's stupid".

I love my new car.
My fun racing story. My neighbor has a 2021 Lamborghini Huracan. I have a Plaid. I joke with him all the time about doing a pink sheet race. We went to a nearby farm-to-market road. We did a 30 mph rolling start, and a half-mile race. Two days later he still won't answer the door. I want my keys and the title. BTW at the half-mile mark, I was at 168 mph and the Lambo was approx. 2-3 car lengths behind me. It was all in fun. The nearby drag strip requires a diaper. It looks like red light racing is all I have. .............................Absolutely love my TESLA

This morning on the way into work, I pull up to the red light first in line, and next to me is a GLC AMG 63 V8 Biturbo popping and crackling and loaded for bear. Light turns green and I proceed normally in my new LR3 - and normal for me is a little quick but nothing near full throttle (do we still call it that?). Anyways, the Benz decides this is the SLC Summer Nationals and is giving it everything he's got - engine roaring and crackling. Except he doesn't catch me, and the light on the next block turns red and we're right back where we were. Next time the light turns green, I give him a closer view of what the LR can do, and try as he may he can't close the gap.

A few blocks down the road, and yet another red (my drive to work is so fun!) a Hyundai pulls up next to me and gestures me to roll down the window. She says "did that Mercedes try racing you?". I nod. She says: "even I know that's stupid".

I love my new car.

You're saying that a GLC63 which does 0-60 in 3.6 seconds and is also AWD, couldn't beat a Model 3 LR that does it in 4.2? The first light, I understand you got the jump on him. The second light, you would have been squashed.

This story smells of fish.

Status
Not open for further replies.