Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Future Tesla owner

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hello all,

I am new to this forum as I’m expecting to be a Tesla owner soon!

I have not placed my order but am going to within the next few weeks.

I am located in Toronto Ontario and have a few questions.

1. Does Tesla negotiate price?

2. Who has the textile seats and how do they hold up?

3. How does the leather feel/look after a few years considering it is not real and “vegan” as my OA told me.

I’ll have more questions later but any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

Welcome!
Tesla doesn't negotiate but they do offer discounts on their loaners/demos usually at end of quarter.
I have early edition seats so I can't help with the other questions.
If you need a referral code for free supercharging let me know!

hello all,

3. How does the leather feel/look after a few years considering it is not real and “vegan” as my OA told me.

Thanks!
I posted a thread on here recently with very similar questions. Feel free to take a look and see if any of it is helpful. I wound up placing an order on 5/31 with a delivery date in late July or early August.

Thinking about purchasing, but have a bunch of newbie questions...

Awesome!

I am in Sudbury, ON and should hopefully be picking up our MX in early July!

No they don't negotiate on new cars. But you can use a referral code to get lifetime supercharging. If you need one, feel free to send me a note!

hello all,

Thanks!

1. Nope. Everyone pays the same price, nobody gets discounts, not even Elon musk. Now they do offer discounts on "inventory" cars but they generally were used as loaners or demo cars and have mileage on them and are not really recommended due to the risk of cosmetic defects.

2. I have them on my Model S. They are high quality and are super comfortable. If you don't care for leather/fake leather its a good way to save $3300+ USD.

3. Not sure how the fake leather holds up, but pictures I see of used Teslas for sale in this thread, I've seen worn-looking seats. The exception seems to be the ultra white seats (non ventilated) ones that seem to hide the imperfections easier.

If you need a referral code for free supercharging let me know :)

Nope. Everyone pays the same price, nobody gets discounts, not even Elon musk.

He has to pay for one? I can't imagine a time he's in one when it's not fully paid for, and properly deducted as a business expense, by Tesla Inc., unless he's dropping his kids off at school, which I doubt happens when they're competing for his time with supermodels and lately musicians. Not judging -- just jealous. ;)

He has to pay for one? I can't imagine a time he's in one when it's not fully paid for, and properly deducted as a business expense, by Tesla Inc., unless he's dropping his kids off at school, which I doubt happens when they're competing for his time with supermodels and lately musicians. Not judging -- just jealous. ;)

He didn't even get the first model 3. It had to be donated to him. :). Not that he cares about having to pay for his cars if he's buying $25million worth of Tesla shares every couple weeks ;)

Elon Musk Got the Very First Model 3 for His Birthday - Geek.com

Also a Tesla press release confirmed nobody gets discounts.

Tesla offers ‘up to $30,000 showroom discounts’ and lowers interest rates to boost sales before end of the quarter

when in fact we have a strict no negotiation and no discount policy. This has been true since we first started taking orders more than ten years ago, a fact we reaffirmed last year. There are zero exceptions to that policy: every Tesla customer pays the same amount for the same car, period. That is true for Elon, friends and family of the company, or anyone else.

On discounts - there is a video of Kevin O'Leery from Shark Tank / Dragons Den (the guy that calls himself "Mr. Wonderful" *eyeroll*) talking about how he tried for 2 hours to negotiate a discount for a car he was buying for his son. Two hours later, bought the car no discount.

I think that it is awesome. I hate regular car buying for the whole negotiation process. I just want to buy a car, not go through an hour of "let me talk to my manager etc etc crap. Which was another point for Tesla to me.

Hey Dhesi7 have PM'd you some more info.

Tesla don't discount unless there is good reason for it e.g showroom car or new inventory with low mileage. Elon's family all pay full price. The vegan leather holds up better than real leather and is easier to clean, the ultra white version is cool!