Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fwd again

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It could be a programming bug that reset your previous settings?
That's what I would like to know. Is it the sensor or a bug from the last update ? Of course, i could just set the fwd open to low and not auto to solve the problem. But if it's a software bug, i would like Tesla to find it. Even from low opening, it open much more than before , almost 80%. Maybe, it just need to be recalibrated?

My car seem to store distance to detected obstacles when I park the car. If I for instance park in a tight spot so that the door (correctly) should open just a little, it will often be as careful opening the door again even if the car next to it has moved so that the obstacle is completely gone.

As someone else reported the same problem, but then said it went away by itself, could it be that the fw update reset the stored distances and thus made the car believe that it was parked in an open space? If so, the problem should disappear as soon as you move the car.

Reactions: mal_tsla
That's what I would like to know. Is it the sensor or a bug from the last update ? Of course, i could just set the fwd open to low and not auto to solve the problem. But if it's a software bug, i would like Tesla to find it. Even from low opening, it open much more than before , almost 80%. Maybe, it just need to be recalibrated?

When you put you vehicle in P, do you get two different open icons on the screen for different heights, or just the one full open icon on screen? Does this happen every time you pull into that spot? Have you tried entering the garage the opposite direction?

When you put you vehicle in P, do you get two different open icons on the screen for different heights, or just the one full open icon on screen? Does this happen every time you pull into that spot? Have you tried entering the garage the opposite direction?

On auto mode , only one button. On low mode, two button. This happen only once in a while. So weird. Anyways, i'm bringing it to sc again.

Reactions: systemcrashed
My car seem to store distance to detected obstacles when I park the car. If I for instance park in a tight spot so that the door (correctly) should open just a little, it will often be as careful opening the door again even if the car next to it has moved so that the obstacle is completely gone.

As someone else reported the same problem, but then said it went away by itself, could it be that the fw update reset the stored distances and thus made the car believe that it was parked in an open space? If so, the problem should disappear as soon as you move the car.

It disappear and reappear randomly

The overhead sensor should detect the height of the garage door opening as you enter the garage, and the fwd doors should open based on that, even when you're inside the garage. That is unless you've got it set to Open Fully This Location, in which case it should disregard the opening's height and only rely on the sensors in the door at the time of opening, which could lead to this unwanted contact.

If it isn't behaving as described above, then there's a problem with the sensor or software, or the opening is invisible to the ultrasonic sensor (unlikely).

You should see the height limit indicated on the display as a gray arc above the car.

If you car isn't behaving as described here, you should raise the issue with the service center and/or try it at a different location.

A2517D9B-98AA-413E-8597-3820DB613900.jpeg
This is what it should look like. This is after I've driven through a 7'6" opening into a garage with a 9' ceiling. Notice the top sensor showing an obstruction, when there is nothing low enough to hit anymore -- that's the height of the opening being retained.

SC check again and nothing wrong. Usually, i step out the car and open from outside by pushing the door handle. At this time, the screen is black already. Yes, i see the overtop bar before getting out. Today, it sensed the ceiling so it opened partially. I'm going the keep my eye for the bar from now and see if it will always see the ceiling