Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Game Changing: Gran Turismo 6

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting that Polyphony would not only include Model S in GT6, but feature it prominently in promoting the game.

I wonder if the game car will overheat and limit speed after a few laps?

After all, Gran Turismo is supposed to be a racing simulator. :tongue:

Last edited:
Very cool. I wonder if it will be limited to 135mph and if it will have the handling of a P85 or P85+. Either way I am definitely picking this game up. Hopefully we can tweak the color to match actual Tesla colors.

In GT5 they used the 2008 Roadster and no limiter and got up to a speed around 147mph.

Video:
http://youtu.be/2qPj-3eHtGk

What really sucked in GT5 though, was the Roaster's 0-60. With Soft Sport tires it takes like 9 seconds--though a lot of car's 0-60 times are off from real life because of tires, I think. I'm hoping a 2012 Roaster makes it into the game along with the Model S, if not as DLC in the future. I'm guessing the Model S P85+ will be the trim used and most likely won't have a limit. I kind of hope it does, mostly because I like my race games as realistic as possible. We'll see I guess.

Interesting that Polyphony would not only include Model S in GT6, but feature it prominently in promoting the game.

I wonder if the game car will overheat and limit speed after a few laps?

After all, Gran Turismo is supposed to be a racing simulator. :tongue:

LOL
that is pretty neat considering that its not a traditional exotic or supercar (although to me it's exotic and a SUPER car!)

Very cool. I wonder if it will be limited to 135mph and if it will have the handling of a P85 or P85+. Either way I am definitely picking this game up. Hopefully we can tweak the color to match actual Tesla colors.

I "drove" it yesterday. Yes, it is limited to about 135 mph. The tachometer display hits the red line and the car stops accelerating.

The acceleration is pretty brisk and appears to be in the right range. Also it's a bit weaker in the top end, which is in line with reality. The motor doesn't overheat though. Regen must be set to Low; it doesn't slow down quickly when you lift.

I've driven the real Model S on a track, and the digital version definitely understeers more. I put some stickier tires on it, and then I found I was getting oversteer. Odd.

Incidentally I raced against a Tesla Roadster also (but not driving the Model S). Was fun to see it, looked pretty much exactly like mine. Did beat it though.

Went to the Seville, Spain Gemasolar Thermosolar plant and took some pics. So cool. EVs got a bunch of love in this game.

Gemasolar_2.jpg
Gemasolar_1.jpg
Gemasolar.jpg