Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gap around hood - just me?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Attaching pictures of the front of my MS75. Recently had a fender bender and got it repaired. All's well now, but I keep feeling like the front is a bit "off".

Was looking at it and felt that it's the hood gap; the open lines all around the front hood seem to be just a tad bit wider than the gaps between the other panels.

Is it just me (am I just being too OCD)? Or is it a known MS thing? Or is it something that probably happened as a result of my repairs? In which case, is it something that is adjustable/fixable?

Have any of you been as OCD as me, have noticed this on yours, and gotten it fixed? Haha

MVIMG_20171208_090828.jpg MVIMG_20171214_180343.jpg MVIMG_20171214_180347.jpg

I read this the first time and missed you were in an accident, and was like "no way QC was that bad". Then i re-read and saw the fender bender thing...

its off... and it will never be the same. you should see the gaps on my rear QP -> hatch after my accident.

I read this the first time and missed you were in an accident, and was like "no way QC was that bad". Then i re-read and saw the fender bender thing...

its off... and it will never be the same. you should see the gaps on my rear QP -> hatch after my accident.

Ah man :(... so, there's no fixing/adjusting it? I don't want to be "that" guy with the Repair Center, especially if there's nothing they can do.

So, a quick update. There are two rubber nubs on the inside of the hood that can be adjusted very so slightly. This will raise/lower the hood's front in a barely noticeable way, which may or may not help some of us.

For me, it didn't really do much. Also, the Body Shop said the same thing that BigNick mentioned; the hood expands/contracts. We're having some COOOOLD days here these days, so there's that. I suppose we'll see.

Hello all. I know this is an old topic, but couldn't find a newer one and didn't fancy opening a new one. I hope that id OK. :)

I got this MS P85 not long ago. Acc to seller it was not in an accident but i have this frunk / bumper issue.

IMG_20220417_012104.jpg

You can see the frunk is quite far from the bumper/license plate holder (or the bumper is downward). Which is not as big as a problem (the visual part) but the frunk is not sealing properly and dust and water get in on the front edge.

Where should I start the adjustment process? (Imquite handy with cars but prefer to attack the problem informed)

Have this thread as backup if the bumpert needs to come off TMC - Bumper off DIY