Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Garage Art for the E.V.angelist

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm redoing my garage, now that smelly gas burners are pretty much gone. New insulation and walls, new door, new floor is coming, a new ceiling and eventually...heat. All prompted by needing to completely redo my electrical systems to be able to charge 3 electric cars simultaneously each night.

I started bouncing ideas for garage art off of a really talented artsy lady. She asked if she could give it shot. I gave her an enthusiastic thumbs up...and here we go.

She made three of these - one to go above each charging station.
IMG_20160226_161912.jpg

And for the wall in front of the two cars that park in the garage...first this one -
Resisting EVolution.jpg

And in front of my car -
If You Are Not Evolving.jpg

Just for fun - on one of the side walls next to a wall-mounted fire extinguisher (which every garage should have regardless...) -
This is a 2 panel sign that is hinged on top. Panel 1
Electric Car Fire.jpg

And when you lift the handle -
Electric Car Fire 2.jpg

And for the center piece on the front wall below the cabinetry - this sign is big. Almost 4' square.
Musk Quote.jpg

Very happy with them. Going to do some garage work tomorrow I think!
Cheers!

Awesome.

I could see these selling well.

Any interest in selling them?
Not sure. I asked the artist who did them, and with sourcing the reclaimed barnwood, pressure washing, assembling the panels, sanding, base coating, doing the art, distressing it, clear coating it and putting on the mounting hardware...she probably has 25 hours into my project. I pay her whatever she asks as she is a dear friend and mom of an amazing family.

If folks are interested, PM me and I will link you to her Etsy page. She sells a lot of wood art. And I bet she would do these again.