Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hit my garage again today. Probably could use some tips on bumpers for the garage. The garage opening is barely larger than the car, so getting out has been very tricky.

Does anybody have experience getting the ultrasonic rubber seals back into position? I tried pushing it in which didn't work. I also tried removing the sensor from the inside, but was too afraid of breaking it.

Attachments

• IMG_3211.jpg
    IMG_3211.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_3213.jpg
    IMG_3213.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 108
Ouch!....I can't help with fixing the sensor but to prevent this type of accident from happening I installed a convex mirror attached to the right side back rail of the garage door with some flat aluminum stock. I have an 8' wide garage door and unfortunately don't have a straight shot from my driveway going into and out of my garage so I new it was going to be challenging with such a wide car. The mirror helps me see the gap from the door opening to the passenger side fender while exiting/entering.
mirror.jpg

My garage is 8ft wide as well. Do you fold your mirrors in. I have been trying to figure out the width including mirrors and if it will be close call. Thankfully i have a straight shot into the garage. I am more nervous having to open the doors inside the garage.

Ouch!....I can't help with fixing the sensor but to prevent this type of accident from happening I installed a convex mirror attached to the right side back rail of the garage door with some flat aluminum stock. I have an 8' wide garage door and unfortunately don't have a straight shot from my driveway going into and out of my garage so I new it was going to be challenging with such a wide car. The mirror helps me see the gap from the door opening to the passenger side fender while exiting/entering.
View attachment 254605

Great idea!

Hit my garage again today. Probably could use some tips on bumpers for the garage. The garage opening is barely larger than the car, so getting out has been very tricky.

Does anybody have experience getting the ultrasonic rubber seals back into position? I tried pushing it in which didn't work. I also tried removing the sensor from the inside, but was too afraid of breaking it.
I scraped my front fender twice and one time the sensor came out a bit. I pushed it back in as far as I could and asked the service advisor about resetting it when I went in for my annual service. They put a new one in, no charge.